Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 122

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Re: Randy's Caribbean
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
When I was trying to source some of the clips I needed, I couldn't find the exact original size in both directions. So I looked for clips that were the correct height, the width isn't that important. If I remember right, I found some clips that had the measured the correct sized needed for the height, but in their width dimension. So I bought those and just installed the clips rotated 90 degrees. Neither the trim, nor the hole in the body cares,as long as the clip is tall enough to firmly fit the trim height. So this may open up a few additional options.

Posted on: 2021/11/30 20:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

crunch
See User information
yes I would , Thank you.Can't seem to reply to your E Mail.Please send phone number.Have some of your parts.
Chris

Posted on: 2021/12/4 20:04
 Top  Print   

Re: Randy
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Making more progress than I thought I would in this much time . With help of a lot of Randy's friends missing pars have been located and united with the Caribbean. Seems to me as if Randy still has hand on whats going on I will be first to admit I welcome guidance on this project

Attach file:

jpg  E41A0624.JPG (189.83 KB)
252_61baa46805f7b.jpg 1200X1600 px

Posted on: 2021/12/15 21:29
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
acolds wrote: Making more progress than I thought I would in this much time....
Al,

Kudos to you for taking on and finishing the Caribbeans restoration. From the look of that door things are going well.

Posted on: 2021/12/15 21:36
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

ewrecks wrote:
This may be a little off subject but I watched with interest the auction in Utica and was curious as to whether the Caribbeans in that collection had been known to the Packard Community and whether the auction company or owners had the time to log all serial numbers or identifying information for future tracking.
Some time ago I inquired as to the number of remaining 55:Caribbeans and received a reply that it was believed to be around 100.
There were several in this inventory…in addition to several 53-56 models and I was mostly curious as to whether any made the registry or other dats bases.
I was stunned at how cheaply the majority of cars sold for ..and happy that it appears that most cars will end up either as parts inventory or cores for restoration rather than ending in the crusher.
In 2009 I considered myself lucky to find a basket case 55:Caribbean with a title and numberes matching engine for $15,000. It took two additional parts cars and lots of chrome and stainless from around the country to get the car back on the road.
Hopefully some who acquired the cars will be offering parts through the Forum or on eBay
to allow projects to be completed.
I doubt that Leeedy’s missing 56:Caribbean ended up in Utica but unless cars from these kinds of collections can be documented before disassembly or destruction, the trail will go cold
With prices dropping on many old Packards while costs of parts, chroming , interiors and other things escalate, I hope that the inventory from Utica will allow at least some of the cars to see the road again…or supply the needed parts for Restoratiom of others .
I wish I were a decade younger…..I would have been a bidder to reckon with for the Caribbeans and some parte cars.
If anyone who bought a 38-40 convertible coupe wants to recoup their purchase price quickly…check to see if the door dovetails are in place and PM me. LOL
Good luck to all who bought and best wishes to the seller who assembled this amazing collection.
RJR

Hello,

I can assure you that "Leeedy's missing 1956 Caribbean" was not in Utica. I believe it was unscrupulously auctioned in Phoenix in 2010 by a big auction company that should have known the car was not legitimate– and for several reasons.

However the Caribbeans in Utica (at least some of them) were indeed on "other databases"... my own. I have kept my own roster of Caribbeans since the 1960s and officially started what was once known as The Caribbean Roster (its own entity and not part of a club) in the 1970s. It was even listed for many years in Hemming Motor News Almanac.

And at least one of the Caribbeans was indeed once owned by me in the 1970s and sold. It originally came from Malibu, California, playground of movie stars and celebrities. I was 3rd owner from new. But again, I sold this car and it went to New York. I even arranged the shipping. Its history is well known by me. Of course it has deteriorated immensely from when it lived with me (it was a nice driver then), but happy to see it saved and alive.

And yes, if I were a lot younger man, I would happily have taken on restoring most of the V-8 Caribbeans in this collection. I wish the former owner and the new owners well. And I hope that most of these Caribbeans can and will be returned to their former glory. They've survived this long– certainly they deserve a future.

Posted on: 2021/12/17 14:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Another part of puzzle is ready to be put in its proper place. Two panels for interior trim were missing when Randy got parts back from original trim guy. They were never found after trim guys passing.
After looking around and talking to several car guys went to new young guy talked to him had good feeling decided to let him make panels. Some guys said I should go with old timer in field. My feeling was all the good oldtimers had to start when they were young. Anyway the finish product looks good to me as all material was what Randy had that he go from SMS. Now to install

Attach file:

jpg  DSC07364.JPG (59.44 KB)
252_6205812150217.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2022/2/10 16:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Looking for wire connector for the driverside window switch . this is device that attaches nine wires to the pins on back of switch (correct name from parts manual may be wiring harness terminal)

Posted on: 2022/2/17 16:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Al -

This is a three-part affair.

- a black, plastic terminal BODY, P/N 472088 (Gr. 30.38774)

- a corresponding, flat, phenolic COVER, P/N 472089 (Gr. 30.38775)

- a couple of (wafer/truss head phillips?) SCREWs to hold them together, P/N 472096 (Gr. 30.38775)

Sorry, no pix.

Also, Randy and I had some exchange, privately, about two different designs for the terminal body and (cover?), yet under same P/N. I cannot recall the details, however. I believe Randy had these in his private stock at one time, but they may have gone to another car.

Posted on: 2022/2/17 17:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
YnZs Yesterday's Parts has reproductions of the power window switch connections. When I bought a new power window and lock harness for my 1956, it came with them installed but they are available separately too. If not listed online, ask them as I know they've reproduced them and are probably the only ones to have done so.

I may also have a good used one so if you have no luck, let me know by PM and I'll check when I go to my shop in a couple weeks.

Posted on: 2022/2/17 17:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Well guess its past time for update found clips for rocker panel trim MaxMerrit had some plastic replacements but one of Randy's friends had some extra used oem which I used. Now all the trim is on. Ordered a set of Diamond back Wide Whites from Mid Atlantic Packards The total price with shipping was less than buying direct from DB. Got them in two weeks had my brother install them and balance on the wire wheel Randy had rebuilt really make the car the green wheels are now in storage. The wheels and tires really make car stand out. While getting wheels off of shelf found missing radio. I knew I had picked up radio from his place as a friend of mine from Michigan had rebuilt it for him. Dan had also repaired my 57 radio which is the same. He had shipped it to Randy and the box had two of my friends names on it. Had been looking for it was hiding behind wire wheel boxes. Next part of project is getting top installed

Attach file:

jpg  IMG20220428194027.jpg (50.33 KB)
252_626b3537e1875.jpg 450X600 px

jpg  IMG20220428194002.jpg (44.30 KB)
252_626b3555658ab.jpg 450X600 px

jpg  E41A0675.JPG (111.15 KB)
252_626b3627991f8.jpg 1200X1600 px

Posted on: 2022/4/28 19:54
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved