Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Recent Comments
Who is Online
44 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 44

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal

1954 327 with 3 bbl carb
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jorge Cardozo
See User information
Hi all , i've just got myself another 327 engine, this one is a 1954 straight eight with 2 bubble carburator, is that correct or is another"frankestein"?? My litle knowledge on Packard engines tells me that it was supposed to be a 4 bbl carburator on it, i'll apprecciate someone clarify that for me please, Thks.

Posted on: 5/2 23:45
 Top  Print 

Re: 1954 327 with 3 bbl carb
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The only 2-bbl carbureted engine used in the 1954 car line was the 288 used in the Clippers.

EDIT: My error, Kevin's following post has it correctly - I missed a page flipping thru my reference.

Posted on: 5/3 6:53
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
The 1954 Panama's have a 327 with 2 barrel carburetor. Of course, lots of stuff about the 1954 Clipper Supers seemed to have been carried over from '53.

Kevin

Posted on: 5/3 7:56
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jorge Cardozo
See User information
Thanks you guys!!

Posted on: 5/3 22:06
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
1950 PACKARD-HENNEY ADVERT-LH-B&W
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2021, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved