Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
37 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 37

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Swimming Pool Disaster
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
I recently helped a friend remove his award winning (a little over 100 trophies since the 1980) 1956 T-bird from sitting in his enclosed garage for about 2 years. When we opened the hood we were greeted by a huge combination of rusted fittings and pitted chrome. Turns out he also stored chlorine used in his swimming pool near the car. Our conclusion was that the frequently partially open bags of pool chlorine attacked the car. Learn something new everyday. Be careful what’s stored near your car. In his case the “fix-it” bill was about $5,000. FYI.

Posted on: 2021/5/11 8:22
 Top  Print 

Re: Swimming Pool Disaster
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Ouch... I can see that happening, but would not have thought about something like that either...

Posted on: 2021/5/11 8:29
 Top  Print 

Re: Swimming Pool Disaster
Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
I had a few extension cords attacked. Seems the first sign of the chemistry is the zinc being removed from the brass plating of the ‘prongs’ leaving bright copper. Ever since I saw that the chlorine has been stored outside away from other metals.

Posted on: 2021/5/11 13:02
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved