Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Recent Comments
Who is Online
55 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal

manifold gasket Clipper 356 Super eight
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
Dear Packard friends. i have a question regarding the gasket between the intake flange and the exhaust flange. I have marked the location in red in the drawing. This gasket was sent to me with a set of other gaskets. The way it looks today on my car, without removing the manifold, I don't have a gasket there at all. I canĀ“t hear any leaks. Also i can't find this gasket in the packard spare parts book. My question: was this gasket not originally available? What problems will there if there is a leakage between the two vertical channels? Everything is tight on the outside. That's why I don't want to disassemble anything on suspicion. Thank you very much in advance , best regards Josef

Attach file:

jpg  Auspuff_1.jpg (47.46 KB)
161075_609be6ae7adef.jpg 782X438 px

Posted on: 5/12 8:31
Packard Super Clipper 1947
 Top  Print 

Re: manifold gasket Clipper 356 Super eight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
No gasket used manifold to manifold. I have several sets of NOS steel manifold to block if you need them at $45 plus shipping. Dell

Posted on: 5/12 14:41
28-526 convertible coupe
35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Re: manifold gasket Clipper 356 Super eight
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
thank you for your reply. Best regards Josef

Posted on: 5/13 0:54
Packard Super Clipper 1947
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
1955 PACKARD CARIBBEAN CONV
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2021, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved