Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

1956 Packard Executive in France
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

P.J.
See User information
Hi guys. I have just purchased a 1956 Executive here in France. Rather, i'm going to pick it up next weekend...
Even if it's not my first american car (I own a 37 ford and a 65 convertible Mustang), I will have lot of questions as it need some works to go back on the road. First of all, it need a new windshield because it was broken during transportation!

Attach file:

jpg  pack.jpg (99.02 KB)
224997_60c216b3a03bf.jpg 1076X792 px

Posted on: 2021/6/10 8:50
 Top  Print 

Re: 1956 Packard Executive in France
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day P.J.
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '56 Executive in the Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2021/6/10 16:24
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

P.J.
See User information
Ok, I'm waiting for all the informations regarding the car.

Posted on: 2021/6/11 1:08
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
P.J. for including your '56 Executive Hardtop Coupe in the Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2021/6/11 4:44
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

P.J.
See User information
Now the car is at home. After a quick check, I will need to change breaks, engin gasket set, lifters and windshield! Any address where I can find this parts?
Resized Image
Resized Image

Posted on: 2021/6/23 1:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
If the lifters are worn, you will also need a cam.
If the lifters are only noisy, it is quite possible that only an oil pump upgrade will be needed.
Ask us how we know!

Posted on: 2021/6/23 11:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
PJ- Nice looking car. There are a goodly number of suppliers who offer parts for the 1956 Paxkard here in the US. I am not sure whether they offer international service.
I would suggest doing( or having someone do) a thorough inspection of the mechanicals to determine what you are going to need since it will be far simpler to secure as many of the parts for one shipment than having to deal with multiple orders.
I just gifted some weatherstrip clips to a fellow restorer in Canada and had to complete a customs declaration.
You might wish to contact Kanter Auto Products in Boonton NJ ( 973) 939- 0914 and extension 312 for Bill in the Packard Departmemt.
They have a catalog available for the 55-56 models that they will supply. They may be able to give you some idea of the shipping and other glitches of getting parts from the US.
They offer engine parts including rebuild kits as well as all parts for the braking and exhaust systems.
There are smaller suppliers like Max Merritt, Tucson Packard, Mike Dulinski , John Ulrich and others listed in the vendor section.
I think the windshield may be the hardest part to secure since new glazing is hard to find.
Good luck

Posted on: 2021/6/23 15:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
PJ,

Nice looking car.

I see a trailer hitch on the back of the car.
Interesting thing to see on a V8 Packard.

Does it have any of this modifications on it?
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/STB/55T-27.pdf

Is this a standard or automatic transmission in this car?

Posted on: 2021/6/23 15:46
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

P.J.
See User information
@64avanti: One or two lifters are only noisy. In any case, I have to remove the engine because there is a leak at the read crankshaft bearing. And anything must be check on this engine, including lifters!

@ewrecks: Thanks for this address list! I used to order parts from the USA, because I own a 1965 Mustang and a 1937 Ford street rod too. I will ask Kanter to quote breaks and engine rebuild kit.

@Let the ride decide: It's an automatic transmission with the "button" shift. I don't know why, but it was removed and replaced with a standard column shift. But I have it in the trunk!
Regarding the frame, I'm not sur it has this modification. I will check and take a picture. It's look more like a home made trailer hitch!

Posted on: 2021/6/24 2:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
PJ - Just a follow up . You mention that you have a leak at the crankshaft seal and will be removing the engine.
When my engine was rebuilt, the kit supplied to the shop included a first generation seal which had a smooth metal ring that was pressed into the front cover. Since few builders …and suppliers..have any familiarity with Packards, they used the seal that came with the rebuild package.
This seal was replaced in late 1955 with a “ gnurled” surface since the smooth metal had a tendency to spin in the housing and genrate a messy leak.
I discovered this when mine slipped and sprayed the engine compartment with oil. No damage to the engine but it was a mess.
Please be aware of this update since making the change after the engine is installed is a whole different ballgame.
Life is a learning experience.

Posted on: 2021/6/24 9:57
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved