Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
24 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 23

Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Legit or a scam?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
You misunderstand me. I meant the subject 56 in Texas was worth 2K max. On a good day. If the guy hauled out of his hording room and cleaned it off.

I know a drivable 55 Constellation in PA with no gang rot you could get for 6K or so.

Posted on: 2021/6/20 14:59
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Choirboy
See User information
Ah, yes, I certainly did misunderstand you. But what I said was also true, I was hoping for "heck yeah that's a great deal go grab it!" and was looking for affirmation from people more well versed than I am. Guess it is back to the hunt for me

Posted on: 2021/6/20 18:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bobp
See User information
FYI I will be listing my 56 Exec coupe on ebay maybe mid week after the monsoon ends & can wash it. Might be of interest to someone.

Posted on: 2021/6/21 18:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Choirboy:

Welcome! To your initial question, that '56 Patrician is one to avoid mainly because there are many good examples that turn up for sale on a regular basis. The advice to 'buy the best car you can find after looking over a number of them' is your best gambit to secure a car you'll be happy that you waited rather than buying in haste.

Its well to remember the cost to restore a car has escalated in the last decade, better to find the best car you can for the money even if its more than you originally planned to spend.

Joining one or both Packard clubs and the region that covers your area. It will open up a world of cars that might not appear for sale otherwise. You'll benefit by meeting and becoming friends with a nice group of folks with your interest in common. Good luck with your search, please keep us posted.

Steve

Posted on: 2021/6/21 19:46
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

cortes121
See User information
Quote:

Choirboy wrote:
Ah, yes, I certainly did misunderstand you. But what I said was also true, I was hoping for "heck yeah that's a great deal go grab it!" and was looking for affirmation from people more well versed than I am. Guess it is back to the hunt for me

I would keep an eye on this thread:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12534&start=3990#forumpost234409

Posted on: 2021/6/22 15:54
- Anthony

1955 Packard Clipper Custom
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Depends on where it's at, the farther north you are the less common and more expensive the "no-rust" cars are.

Posted on: 2021/8/2 12:22
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved