Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 141

Dads 56, Ted Kitzmiller, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 120 wiring harness makers
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Heptig
See User information
I have a pal who has a 120 and is thinking of having the harness replaced, just wondering if anybody here has any recommendations for vendors or experiences with products good or bad that they could share. The only vendor I'm seeing is YnZ so I'd be interested in comments about them.

https://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/

Posted on: 2021/6/23 8:02
ClassicCrusier
 Top  Print 

Re: 1940 120 wiring harness makers
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Rhode Island Wiringhttp://www.riwire.com and Naragansett Reproductionshttps://www.narragansettreproductions.com/wiring-harness.html are two more that have websites and do decent work.

Many have also used Potomac Packards for their harnesses. They do not have a website or appear in our directory so unless someone posts contact info you will need to search ads in Hemmings, PAC publications, or maybe a Google search will bring up a current business directory page with info.

Posted on: 2021/6/23 10:28
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’ve used YnZ and found them to be fast and friendly. They are quick in answering questions and are happy to send photos. I’ve written to the other two in the past but never received a reply from either one.

Posted on: 2021/6/23 10:45
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Y and Z is a good outfit. I have not had a harness made by them but have bought supplies thru their website. All good quality items but the minimum charge is annoying.

While RI wiring has a website where you can see what they offer and get an idea on prices the office staff is definitely old school. Unless they have changed since my last supplies order the lady I spoke with about why there was no online ordering when they had a website said they prefer the phone when ordering to avoid confusion and offer substitutions if there are any issues with current stock. Maybe that old school mentality even extends to answering questions since their contact info says call first to get a current email address if you must do email.

Have not personally done business with Naragansett but they have been around for a long time.

Point being: compare prices and what will be expected from your friend before selecting a harness maker. I expect the prices will be competitive but if options are involved it can vary widely. The prewar models may not be as much a challenge but for later harnesses one company may have a complete pattern with all the options accounted for while another might only have info for the basic loom and one or two additions. In that case you would need to send in an old harness to have it duplicated if the car was heavily optioned. Turn signal wires on cars that did not originally have them are another item that can be included at minimal extra cost as long as the company has the info.

Posted on: 2021/6/23 11:10
Howard
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

TimE
See User information
I have used RI Wiring multiple times for multiple car makes and have always been pleased with the quality of their product. Although their website does not allow online ordering, I like how it is organized and easy to find things you didn't even know you needed.

Posted on: 2021/6/23 15:04
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

TimE
See User information
I have used RI Wiring multiple times for multiple car makes and have always been pleased with the quality of their product. Although their website does not allow online ordering, I like how it is organized and easy to find things you didn't even know you needed.

Posted on: 2021/6/23 15:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I've used Potomac Packard for both my 1940 and the 1930. Very satisfied.

Posted on: 2021/6/23 19:22
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved