Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 135

Daniel Leininger, DJP-37-120, humanpotatohybrid, CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Website
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The site was down as there was a data center routing issue at my host provider's level. It has been resolved now.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2021/7/1 14:50
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: Website
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

cortes121
See User information
Kev,

Thank you for all you do.

Posted on: 2021/7/1 17:11
- Anthony

1955 Packard Clipper Custom
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Looks like there are still dealing with some kind of flakly router hardware or something. So if it's goes up and down like it has been today, rest assured it will be back.

Thanks

Posted on: 2021/7/1 20:03
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
Thanks for your hard work. It allows lurkers like me to be able to satisfy my daily Packard fix and helps keep my cars running.

Posted on: 2021/7/2 9:17
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just an update, they are still having issue and I may have to just move the website over to a new server stack.

Currently something on the current stack is resetting every 4 hours on the dot and causing the stack to loose network connection which then makes the website appear to go offline to the outside world. Then have to reboot it to get the stack to start routing correctly again. Annoying, but they haven't been able to find the source of the issue, so I may migrate to a new stack to move away from whatever the issue is. So if that turns out to be the case, I'll let you all know, and if the website is down for an extended period (a couple of days at the worst) this is the reason, as they is alot of data to move and migrate.

Thanks and sorry about the troubles.

Posted on: 2021/7/6 6:59
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
FYI, if the website is down do to migration, I'll post updates on the PackardInfo Facebook page.

Posted on: 2021/7/6 7:05
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Kev,
Sorry you are having to go through all that grief with the site - that's a lot of extra work for you. I'm sure I speak for many others when I say 'thank you' for all you do; Packard Info is the
very lifeblood of many, many owners and fans, and I know I sure depend on it to get my Packard 'fix' (in more ways than one! LOL) Also knowing the site doesn't run on 'thank yous' I'll visit the Donate Button again shortly and throw in what I can. Best regards, Chris.

Posted on: 2021/7/6 23:10
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
FYI, starting the migration progress. Trying to get as much as possible pre-configured and copied before I lock this server and start the final move. I'll post more as I get closer, as just moving the raw data takes nearly an entire day.

Posted on: 2021/7/8 8:27
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
On the day I started to set up a new server, they finally fixed the stability issue with the current network node. But, that node is slated for replacement, so a move will need to happen anyway. So rather just get it done and get back to better things.

I wish they would have realized that back in January so I could have done this only once!

Luckily this time will go faster as I am not trying to upgrade the entire software package as well.

Posted on: 2021/7/8 12:44
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
THANK YOU BIG KEV!! Even though I've used computers since the late '70s (started with Fortran haha), I'm surely not a website guy. But from involvement via project management in servers, distributed control systems, and related equipment, I know all this stuff is complicated and takes a lot of work. My hat is off to you Kevin, thank you for what you do for this site!!

Posted on: 2021/7/8 17:18
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved