Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
190 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 186

Packard Don, packardbill, Jack Vines, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Top Five by J.D. Powers
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I have had good luck with Mercury and Buick I think GM had a bigger problem with details which was the cause of a lot of their problems.
This site is for Packards but I think that all the people here have a interest in cars in general and knowledge of different brands and that is good it adds to the way to solve problems. If someone dislikes the way a thread is going stop reading it.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 16:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
John, I mean absolutely no offense to you, nor am I implying that what you reported was otherwise than accurate. I agree that all OEM's toot their own horns when they can. My comments were also factually accurate.

And I enjoy enchanging car ideas with the folks here, and learn a lot in so doing. But you are probably aware that the discussions of current autos over in Buick land get personal, jingoistic, and perhaps racist. And perhaps worst of all for someone with your regard for distinguishing facts from opinions, a good deal of "don't confuse me with the facts" creeps in. I'm fine with an exchange of uncensored informed opinions, as I think you are, but the wheels fall off the discussion over there virtually every time it comes up.

Posted on: 2009/3/26 11:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
BKAZMER: I am certainly not aware of what might be happening in Buick land or any other forums concerning Buick.

Funny that when mentioning Buick reminded me of all friend of mine who would get mad when you said the word Buick.

My dear departed friend Brady Berry who owned a Packard dealership here in Central Penna. hated Buicks with a passion. One day while at a car show in the early 90's a nice 53 Buick Road Master was parked next to Brad's 48 Packard convertible. This needless to say didn't make Brad very happy and kept referring to the Buick at the four port hole out house. After a bit of kidding on my part I finally asked Brad the question of why he had such a dislike for Buicks. Brads answer was right to the point he said that when he,father, and mother sold Packard's they considered Buick as their main competition and not Caddy.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/3/26 19:22
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved