Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: 1930-1932 Fender Lights - 'market survey'
Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
In that case you are a true enthusiast sir and you have my utmost admiration, sincerely! When you're making something just because you love the cars and know it's going to cost you money, that is serious devotion to the cause - well done and God bless you for doing so!

Posted on: 2021/7/30 11:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Crin,
1929Packardguy beat me to the punch with his post, but I sure couldn't have said it any better! At any rate, I echo his sentiments and take my hat off to you as well. Chris

Posted on: 2021/7/30 15:51
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
As mentioned, the lights for the Custom and Deluxe Eights were reproduced several years ago, so the demand is probably quite limited by now.

Posted on: 2021/8/6 9:18
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Greenfield
See User information
Crin -- If you want to remanufacture some parts, try doing some Oakes tire locks for 29-32; I would think they'd be hot sellers. I have a single reproduction one you could use as a prototype if you'd cut me a deal on a pair that'd fit my 31. Thanks!

Posted on: 2021/8/8 16:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

LOL
See User information
Hi
I just sent you a message. Give me a call when you get a chance.
Thanks

Posted on: 2021/8/8 17:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
I would also advise that the parking lamps for the 1932 Super 8 (385 CID) are different than those for the 1931 and 1930 Custom 8s (385 CID). The difference lies in an alteration of the design of the stem and base of the lamp bucket so the '32 bucket sits closer down on the fender crown.

Posted on: 2021/12/23 23:44
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print 

Re: 1930-1932 Fender Lights -
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

GaryinSC
See User information
If you want to make something that has market acceptance then the air cleaner and goose neck piece for Detroit Carbs is what is needed. I think that this item could actually make money. Any good sheet metal guy should be able to make that air cleaner. The connector pipe is cast aluminum but if you procure an original and 3D scan it, you could produce a mold that any foundry could pour. I would think you could sell many of these as most cars as missing this important piece. There have been many requests on this website for them. See photo in recent post.

Posted on: 2022/1/12 10:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
For a cast part, it would probably be more economical to 3D print a replacement on a metal 3D printer.

Apparently metal 3D printed parts cost around $200 per pound to make. Only significant 1-time cost is making the CAD model for them.

Posted on: 2022/2/5 22:40
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

GaryinSC
See User information
Actually surprised that Scott at Packardcarbs is not selling those air cleaners. His repo carbs are amazing, and my 32 runs like new with one. Yea they are expensive but worth it to make them run like new. I think people will pay for quality repo parts, so Crin may be right on the fender lights, I just don't happen to need them as mine are very good originals. I understand those lights were an option on these cars, so someone at the dealer did indeed drill those fenders years ago.

Posted on: 2022/2/6 11:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Quote:

GaryinSC wrote:
If you want to make something that has market acceptance then the air cleaner and goose neck piece for Detroit Carbs is what is needed. I think that this item could actually make money. Any good sheet metal guy should be able to make that air cleaner. The connector pipe is cast aluminum but if you procure an original and 3D scan it, you could produce a mold that any foundry could pour. I would think you could sell many of these as most cars as missing this important piece. There have been many requests on this website for them. See photo in recent post.

I second this suggestion. These are rare. I'd buy an air cleaner for sure.

Posted on: 2022/2/11 23:00
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved