Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
33 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 33

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

PLEASE READ - Packard projects available Now.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Dear Packard Friends - I am involved in coordinating the sale of a VERY large collection of Packards (as well as other cars, end of this paragraph). Many of these cars are worthy project cars. I'll list several in a moment, after I type the real issue - logistics. The warehouse where they are stored (location Utica, NY) must be cleared in total within about 90 days. The cars are stored sardine tight. The only way to get them out is last in/first out, so I must arrange for cars to be removed in that order. Cars are not secure outside the building, as vandalism has been a problem in the past, so removal of cars must be on a VERY specific schedule. With non-running cars, a rollback or trailer with a winch is mandatory. Many project cars have designated second parts cars as donors - your choice to strip and leave a carcass for scrap, but as I said, logistics is key...once a car is outside the building, its yours. Now, as to Packards, nothing earlier than 37.
37 - 115c Club sedan, 120 sedan parts car. Super solid project.
38 - 120 Coupe, Complete, typical coupe rusty bottom sheet metal. Solid 110 sedan parts car if it isn't scrapped first, its in the way.
39 Super 8 1703 sedans- two parts cars sans engines.
40 - decent 110 Conv.Coupe with 120 Sedan parts car. Build a 120...or there is another 110 Coupe if you prefer...
41 - you name it, its there. (no woody wagons) 120 Conv.coupe, complete, solid. 120 conv. sedan, complete, solid. 110/120/160 coupes, at least 4. 120 sedan, almost recovered from an engine transplant, maroon, needs assembly but was licensed/driving a couple years ago. 180 Formal sedan, complete, solid, please would someone buy this. Several other 160/180 sedans, including a nasty nasty field car LeBaron Sport sedan with a solid complete 138"WB 180 donor car. A pair of Lebaron Limo's, sold as a pair. Numerous 41 parts cars available a la carte, cheap.
How about some Henneys? 2 solid complete ambulance/service cars. 1 Flower car Project, etc.
47 2103, complete project.
48 Custom 8 Convertibles, 2 very solid projects, Custom 8 Sedans several, pick a color, outstanding projects. Custom 8 parts cars, several, 2 about to be scrapped and I haven't even had time to look at the drivetrains. Also a 48 super 8 conv.parts car that is about to be put on the scrap list. Several other 22/23 parts/project cars including a pair of wagons and limo's.
51-54 cars aplenty, but what you are really wanting is a Caribbean, yes, there are several. 53's, 54', a California solid 55, and of course 56 Coupes and Convertibles, Plural. Buy one, take a parts car please...

The scope of what is there is overwhelming. I can get a few cellphone pictures of specific cars upon request, but it would take a miracle to have a library of individual photos of each car...but I am working on it. Don't even ask about parts yet unless you want something large. Some of these cars have been sitting in the warehouse for a LONG time, many are worth saving, many are donor cars, but I'm not kidding you, these ALL need to go ASAP. Yes, an auction is being considered, however the logistics are extremely difficult, so I plead with you to consider whether now is a good time to obtain your next project. Pricing is between you and me, but be assured I am trying to keep these cars from being scrapped or worse.

Want something else ?? How about...
29 Franklin Sedan, Super nice, needs engine work. Tri-tone paint nice.
29or30 Pierce Arrow Coupe, NY headlights, NOT in fender. Super complete car, was running.
46 Caddy Convertible, tough project -
47 Caddy Limo, very nice, needs love.
53 Caddy Coupe Deville, needs to go.More 53-56 Cadillacs than I could pay attention to...
48/9/50?? Dodge Convertible
54 Oldsmobile Convertible, nice.
54 Ford Convertibles, make 1 from 2.
63 Avanti's - buy all three please.
MGA's, 4 or 5, package deal please.

Helloooo? Anyone out there?

Please email me your phone number and what you might be interested in. I WILL call you, but look at the map of where Utica, NY is, and when you can come.

Thank you, The Flackmaster.
Flackmaster at sbcglobal point net

There's more, my head is spinning. If you can make it to Utica, NY, I can make you a deal.

This is the first place I am posting this...I will have to post elsewhere, but Pinfo folks get first dibs.

DAF

Posted on: 2021/7/28 8:46
 Top  Print 

Re: PLEASE READ - Packard projects available Now.
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Wow, this sounds amazing. I'm at the complete opposite end of the county though. I would love to see what's there and maybe get my next project. '56 400 maybe? '41 160? I'm drooling.

Some general pictures would be most welcome.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/7/28 10:48
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Kevin, I would love to help you get your next project, however, unless you can come up with a transport option, you will have to wait. There are 2 56-400s that are in the way, I hope Ross is able to come get one, not sure of the fate of the other, but when a very nice 56-400 driver was advertised in the latest CNB for 13K, that is summary judgment on taking on a project.
As for 41-160's....yeah, there's a bunch. What I might suggest would be the 41-120 sedan that needs the rebuilt engine installed. It is a very very worthy project and you would have nearly the same car as a 160 without anywhere near the cost/effort. It was a decent running/driving car before the engine got yanked for a rebuild.
You have already been through so much, no point in jumping into the deep end again.

Posted on: 2021/7/28 12:32
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jim/KB1MCV
See User information
Dave Flack,
Yes I would think your head must be spinning.
I can only guess the owner of the collection may have passed or developed more serious heath problems.
I viewed the collection a couple years ago when I bought a S-8 engine from the owner thanks to your contact information.
I wish him and you all the best of luck with the disposal.
Jim Richardson

Posted on: 2021/7/28 13:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Quote:

flackmaster wrote:
Kevin, I would love to help you get your next project, however, unless you can come up with a transport option, you will have to wait. There are 2 56-400s that are in the way, I hope Ross is able to come get one, not sure of the fate of the other, but when a very nice 56-400 driver was advertised in the latest CNB for 13K, that is summary judgment on taking on a project.
As for 41-160's....yeah, there's a bunch. What I might suggest would be the 41-120 sedan that needs the rebuilt engine installed. It is a very very worthy project and you would have nearly the same car as a 160 without anywhere near the cost/effort. It was a decent running/driving car before the engine got yanked for a rebuild.
You have already been through so much, no point in jumping into the deep end again.

What can I say? I'm a glutton for punishment.

I haven't gotten the last CNB, so didn't see that 400. As much as I would love to pick up another project, I'm afraid my wife would take some sense into me. I don't have enough space for another car anyways. Plus the cost of shipping across the country. But a nice '41 120? So tempting....

Kevin

Posted on: 2021/7/28 15:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
Flackmaster, I'm aware of whose collection this is since I live in upstate NY. I assume he has either died or is sick since he has never parted with his cars before. Are you allowing people to look at the cars? My brother-in-law is into MGs and I'm into Packards although I see some nice vehicles from NYS manufacturers also. Can you give more detailed info on the Franklin and Pierce Arrow? George

Posted on: 2021/7/28 17:25
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
David,
Very good of you to make PI members the first ones aware of the dispersal of this collection.

Posted on: 2021/7/28 18:54
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
David,
Would love to see photo’s, what ever you have.
Titles for all the cars?

Posted on: 2021/7/28 21:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
Flackmaster,

Dave,

What can you tell me about the Pierce coupe?

Bill

Posted on: 2021/7/29 15:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
678-899-3977 and the Avanti's

Bill

Posted on: 2021/7/29 15:53
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved