Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 145

Packard Newbie, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

water pump impeller
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bear
See User information
Kanter sells a water pump with a high efficiency impeller.They dont sell the impeller separately. Does anyone know where I can buy one? Also looking for a high efficiency fan.thx

Posted on: 2021/8/7 14:23
 Top  Print 

Re: water pump impeller
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Can't help on finding an impeller but maybe you could call one of the rebuilders such as Gould or Terrill and see if they know of anything.

Kanter offers repro pumps for some years and I was told the castings were essentially the same for those years but the main difference is the fan hub size and how far it is pressed on the shaft. That was how he could have it be worthwhile to lay out the large investment needed in having the body casting repro'd. The basic pumps for the years offered being essentially the same, when an order arrives only the correct hub needs to be pressed on and set at the proper distance for the specific application ordered.

One reason the impeller might not be available as an individual part is perhaps the shaft, bearing, or impeller used in the high efficiency pumps is something modern and takes special machining to fit in the casting so would not fit as individual parts in the original pumps or castings. Another might be the basic pump assys are bought as complete units from a vendor and he has no stock of individual parts.

Posted on: 2021/8/7 21:07
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
If it's the old solid cast impeller, they aren't available to my knowledge. What the rebuilders do is use the new style, vane type, which is very common. I had this issue on the Cad. So they might call it "more efficient" but that's marketing hype for we don't have a choice.
It's the bore, thickness, and OD that's important.
You can find all the separate parts mostly but it's a chore to pull it all together. Plus you might have a buy a 100 or 1000 minimum. That's the magic of the rebuild kits. I don't trust anything repopped in China by anyone. I had issues with a master cylinder from them. That's why I rebuilt what I had, plus there was a shortage back then. Which maybe the case again. Everything is short supply/long delivery right now.

Posted on: 2021/8/8 8:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Iaccino
See User information
I have an impeller for a '41 356. Don't know if it is the same as yours. Can send picture if interested. John

Posted on: 2021/8/8 12:23
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved