Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

15 years, 3 months, 29 days... and counting
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It's been 15 years, 3 months, 29 days since the website here sprang to existence on the web!

How time flies!

Just renewed the hosting fees for another loop around the sun. So I've pre-paid until we reach 16 years, 3 months, 29 days at the very least!

The site has grown tremendously over the years, both in the number of people and the amount of content available to the Packard community.

I think we are on Server 5 or 6, I've lost count. Just about every year I've had to expand the resources that are leased to handle the growth.

For those new or unaware, the website is run as a free resource for the Packard community. It is not a business, nor is it financially sponsored by any club or business. Nor am I asking for it to be, as I think we have carved out a nice community as an agnostic/independent resource that is not swayed by any sponsor. Hence why there are no paid adverts here on the website either.

The website is funded out of pocket by myself, and the donations it receives for its users. If you find some spare change in your couch cushions or under the front seat in your car and find the website a helpful resource, then please consider clicking that Donate button on the lower left side of the screen, and helping to offset the cost of keeping it going for another 15 years, 3 months, 29 days.

Thanks everyone!

-BigKev

Posted on: 2021/8/15 10:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   
Love (1)

Re: 15 years, 3 months, 29 days... and counting
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Your devotion to establishing, maintaining and operating the site is much appreciated. Just a thought, it has lasted longer than some marriages. Donation sent. Take care...

Posted on: 2021/8/15 11:03
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks John, greatly appreciated!

Posted on: 2021/8/15 11:09
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
It's lasted longer than both of my marriages.

Added together.

I signed up for a revolving donation. It's the least I could do.

And never let it be said that I didn't do the least I could do.

Posted on: 2021/8/15 17:47
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
This website has done more for Packarding on the internet than any other on-line resource. It has brought the Vintage Packard hobby into the 21st century. I am a big fan of all Kevin has done for us.
In addition to monetary donations, I have frequently given parts away with the request that a donation be made to this website.
That said, I am hitting the donate button for $15.40 (might as well call it 4 months) with the commitment that I will match this minimal donation amount for all donations for the next 15 hours and 40 minutes - so go ahead, make a donation knowing you have done well, and I'm adding another $15.40 to whatever you donate above that amount.

7pm Dallas today, to 10:40am tomorrow .

Posted on: 2021/8/15 19:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
BigKev wrote:..... please consider clicking that Donate button on the lower left side of the screen.....

Donation sent! Least I can do, PackardInfo help keeps me sane. Others opinions may differ.

Posted on: 2021/8/15 19:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thank you everyone, it's appreciated and helps to offset my out of pocket expenses for the website. The digital landscape is always changing and so are the fees associated with it. It used to be you bought software and owned it. Now your forced to rent it month to month. Add security software (anti-virus, malware, etc), server management software, backup storage space, etc, and the cheap old days of internet are a thing of the past. So the donations really do help to off-site both the yearly hardware lease, and the month to month software costs. Thanks everyone for the generosity.

Posted on: 2021/8/15 20:47
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
If it wasn't for this website and the generous help from everyone on it, my Panama would still be rusting away and full of mice. Thanks to everyone here my family and I can drive and enjoy it.

Count me in for another donation.

-Kevin

Attach file:

jpg  family car show.jpg (207.72 KB)
1059_6119e63c45f1e.jpg 1300X872 px

Posted on: 2021/8/15 23:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
Thank you for all that you do, Big Kev. This site has been an invaluable gift to the Packard world whether it be enthusiasts or owners. I have had lots of unposed "how come" and "why" questions answered without even having to post the question, just by stopping by daily. I love looking at the photos in the owner registry and seeing so many of our Packards still run in the wild. Donation made.

Posted on: 2021/8/16 5:45
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
Donation Sent. Thank you BigKev for maintaining this site and to all the folks who have answered my questions with knowledge, experience and clarity over the years!

George

Posted on: 2021/8/16 7:50
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved