Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 73

JW49, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Vacuum-operated Windshield Washer Pump/"Squirter"
Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Has anyone ever got theirs to work reliably? Wondering how much effort to put into resuscitating mine.

Posted on: 2021/8/17 11:29
 Top  Print   

Re: Vacuum-operated Windshield Washer Pump/"Squirter"
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You can get them to work as new but it will most likely take a rebuild kit.

Kev posted a how to article when he rebuilt his washer. Kev's is the electrically actuated 54-6 unit with co-ordinator control but aside from the electric solenoid section and the valve assy that works the co-ordinator -- neither item on your earlier version -- the basic pump part of the rebuild would be the same.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/Rebuilding%20a%20Trico%20Washer.pdf

I believe Packard used the same Trico system (maybe a few cosmetic differences) as many GM cars but I do not know if any of our vendors stock the rebuild kits. Tucson Packard might have at one time but have not checked their website to see if that is still an option. Many vendors for the GM brands do offer a rebuild kit as well as other parts for the washers. Here is an Olds vendor who seems to have a decent parts selectionhttp://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/products.asp?dept=830 and there are several Chevy and a Cadillac vendor who also offer kits.

Posted on: 2021/8/17 11:54
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dads 56
See User information
https://mcveys.com/

I got mine from McVey's Caddillac
Its a very complete kit. they were not selling lids last fall when I bought mine.
best to call them and ask for the fellow in charge of windshield washer pump kits. he will make sure you get the right kit.

Posted on: 2021/8/17 17:56
1956 Packard Executive 2 door hard top (5677A)
1956 Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan (5622)(parts car)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Thanks to you both!

Posted on: 2021/8/17 17:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
If you're not particular, you can buy a gallon size electric one from Summit Racing, and a little tubing, wire, and momentary switch and fagedaboudit. Mine was missing from the Cad, so rather than spend a fortune for a driver... I put electric wipers in too, and it comes with the squirter button built in.

Posted on: 2021/8/18 19:38
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved