Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Mart's Garage
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I saw an interesting DIY project on Mart's Garage. Mart is a Brit who's hobby is early Ford flatheads. He has a 33 Coupe, a 32 Tudor and a 40 Pickup. He posts on YouTube on a weekly basis.

This project was about using a USB adaptor to power a gas gauge. The car has been changed to 12-volt negative ground. The gas gauge is for a 6-volt car. He modified the adaptor to power the gauge. The adaptor is a common one used to plug into cigar lighter sockets to power phones and other devices. They have 12-volt in and 5.1 volts out.

Anyway, it is an interesting use of one of these adaptors and I thought some here might find it of interest. Just go to YouTube and search for Mart's Garage. This video was posted about 2-3 weeks ago.

Posted on: 2021/8/28 11:19
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved