Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
53 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 52

Kevin, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1955 Patrician Brakes
Just popping in
Just popping in

Dieselsubmariner
See User information
Quote:

Phil_78 wrote:
The older Jeeps used the same 2" brake shoe. Thats what I used. Exactly the same

when i measured the old ones i noticed drum is 12”, the pads are 2 1/4”

do you have a part number for the jeep ones?

Posted on: 9/19 7:32
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Dieselsubmariner
See User information
As for the BTV, i decided to do the conversion as it has been described many times on here (i did some more searching) and i picked up a brand new booster with the master cylinder yesterday. I did came across a post, where it was mounted in the hole of the fresh air intake.. yes i have AC. i might go that route, and will report back.

Posted on: 9/19 7:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I had Ross Miller replace the BTV power brake on my 1955 Clipper with a conventional master cylinder. It required all the bits and pieces from a another Packard (master cylinder, pedals, linkage, etc.). The brakes worked wonderfully. They were easy to modulate and were effective in slowing down and stopping the Clipper. I highly recommend this way over trying to make something else work.

I sometimes wonder if it is worth all the time, effort and worry bead fingering to try and convert the BTV to another kind of power brake system.

Posted on: 9/20 10:58
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
panther daytona
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2021, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved