Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 155

JW49, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Anonymous
Re: Illinois salvage yard

Top  Print 

Anonymous

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Tad,
I'm intrigued, forgive a down-under guy his naivety, but have some of the cars sunk into the ground? Is this the result of the climate with the snow or have the bottoms rusted away? Mal

Posted on: 2007/6/28 2:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I'd guess it's a little of both. Soft ground + years of sitting will do that. I've seen some cars here in Kansas that have only sat 10-20 years that were so deep in the ground you couldn't get the doors open. Heck, I know where there's a 1928 Essex 4 door body that's all the way up to the middle of the doors, and has an at least 30 year old tree in the middle of the car! I need to go get pics of it and post it on here. It's supposed to be my car, but the land changed owners and I don't know if I'll ever get it.

Posted on: 2007/6/28 4:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Tad,

Thanks for posting. Some of them look like drivers .

Looks like some good stainless parts on some of them. Bet some people out there can use some parts off them or even restore some of them.

Posted on: 2007/6/28 6:05
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Eric,

Thanks for filling me in, its amazing what nature does. Your Essex may be a lost cause by now from the description.

Mal
38's are Great

Posted on: 2007/6/28 7:55
 Top  Print 

Anonymous

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Tad,
Keep those photos coming, and who said there'd be no Packards! Mal
38's are Great

Posted on: 2007/6/29 4:45
 Top  Print 

Anonymous
I have already posted this picture of a car in the salvage yard, it may be of interest to someone here. It is a 1950 Olds. the car is decked out with options that include an aftermarket trunk mounted air conditioner, wouldn't that be a nice touch to an old Packard out there, a period correct air conditioner.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j281/petritl/Ponderosa/PICT0203.jpg
** note the chrome air intake ports on the upper qtr panels**

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j281/petritl/MVC-029S-1.jpg

My friends shed, the black sedan on the right is a 1935 Dodge 4dr sedan, he bought it from the original owner in the mid fifties, it has been sitting since the mid sixties.He never registered the car; it has the original 1935 title and paperwork from the state of Illinois. rust free dent free car

The 52 chevy to the left was a daily driver until 1971 when Tony got a company car, this car was recently removed from the barn and is at a body shop as we speak. when it was put up on the trailer I was amazed, no holes in the floorboards, heck they were still painted green.

The car without a clip is a 1935 Olds, 4dr sedan (all doors suicide)the rest of the car is out of the picture, he removed it years ago to repair the engine. This car has been sitting since the late sixties. rust free dent free car

To the left of the Olds is a 1951 Ford F3 pickup truck( no duals), some rust but not bad at all.

Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved