Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
74 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 74

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

National Packard meet.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I got back from South Bend yesterday from a great meeting of Packards. The car ran great other than the speedometer self destructing. I am going to try and attach a photo from South Bend.

Attach file:

jpg  (36.53 KB)
6_467dd8d1e1a4c.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2007/6/23 21:37
 Top  Print   

Re: National Packard meet.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Joel: I understand that the THREE STOOGES attended the National Meet in South Bend. I bet you saw them a couple of times there, and didn't even know it.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/6/23 21:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Joel -

National Meets in South Bend are naturally a big draw for Studebaker enthusiasts, and I've heard that they've had well over 1,000 cars at such events in years past.

Yet, since this was a joint meet of Studebaker and Packard clubs, I'm curious to know the total number of registered cars and, of that total, how many Packards were there.

Got any stats?

Posted on: 2007/6/24 8:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Brian, there were about a 100+ Packards at the meet. At the joint judging site, I suspect there were 700 or more Studebakers. All in all there were Studes and Packards everywhere you looked all week. I got a new original headliner still in the box for my 400 and a rare moulding for my Caribbean that I had been looking for the last 10 years plus.

Posted on: 2007/6/24 13:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Just out of curiosity, what was the moulding?

Posted on: 2007/6/24 13:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Hall
See User information
The blue & cream, 53-54 Carribean convertible in the pic at the beginning of this thread has got to be one of the most striking Packards ever. My bro-in-law said if he could choose only one of the many Packards present, that would be the car.
Personally, I fell in love with the late 40s look. Soo many potential toys, and soo little time & money...

Joe H

Posted on: 2007/6/24 14:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
It was the belt line moulding on the rear 1/4 panel on a Caribbean. It is about 14 inches long and goes from the door opening to the chrome strip that has the top fasteners. It is Caribbean conv. only. Another pic from the meet.

Attach file:

jpg  (36.76 KB)
6_467ed99584b43.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2007/6/24 15:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved