Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 135

Alvin14, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Concourse and concours
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Seems to be continuing confusion, some commonly recognized definitions should help.

Concourse: a large open area inside or in front of public buildings such as an airport or train station.

Concours: an exhibition or contest, especially a parade or display of vintage vehicles.

Posted on: 2021/10/19 19:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Concourse and concours
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
This is an eternal struggle.

Posted on: 2021/10/20 7:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Seems to be continuing confusion, some commonly recognized definitions should help.

Concourse: a large open area inside or in front of public buildings such as an airport or train station.

Concours: an exhibition or contest, especially a parade or display of vintage vehicles.

You're on a roll, Owen. I've gone over this one in my threads all over. But it is still ignored. How many times do folks on videos and TV say "it's a 'concourse' restoration"? So keep going.

Now explain "restoration" ...and how it differs from "customizing." And why it is that nobody today wants to admit that they are customizing a car anymore even though this is exactly what many are doing. I am continually baffled by folks who want to modify EVERYTHING, yet call it "restoration." Auction folks have muddied terminology so badly that they had to invent a new term, "restomod"... which comes along the lines of saying, "I did and I didn't"... or "I walkedran." Perfect sense.

Now... let's see "upgrade" defined. THis is the latest one.

The old car hobby and automotive terminology are completely off the rails.

Posted on: 2021/10/20 10:14
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
And lest we forget, a "clone" car is now a "tribute" car... very important difference apparently.

Posted on: 2021/10/21 8:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
I would and could concern myself with this more after some of these same people learn the difference between your and you're, and among to, too and two.

Posted on: 2021/10/21 10:51
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved