Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
66 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 65

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Lacquer paint
Just popping in
Just popping in

John P
See User information
I own a 1934 Packard Series 1100. I am looking for a provider that has black lacquer paint. Any suggestions.
John P
#046050P

Posted on: 2021/10/20 15:04
 Top  Print   

Re: Lacquer paint
Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Hirsch. Tri city. Are others.

Posted on: 2021/10/20 16:01
Riki
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
If you are doing touch up make up test cards as not all blacks are equal.

Posted on: 2021/10/20 18:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Very true. I used Ditzler lacquer to touch up some thin areas on my all-original 1952 Henney-Packard but the Ditzler looked grey on the ultra black of a hearse!

Posted on: 2021/10/20 18:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Slim chance to find it these days but Rinshed Mason's RM-400 Polishing Black lacquer was an excellent match to the OEM black on my '34 Packard 1100.

Posted on: 2021/10/20 18:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
PPG still makes their 9000 series black lacquer. It's needed in the furnature and musical instrument industries. Take a tranquilizer before you get a quote (!) because it isn't cheap any more. FWIW, ppg/Ditzler acrylic lacquer is almost always the right black. Our OEM black is usually a bit brown when you sand it. Sounds funny but after 45 years of painting trust me, it's a "brown" black and what you want. The old DuPont was a deep "blue" black and was always good for teens thru early 20s repairs. Newer materials are a bit grey when worked to a finish against an OEM. If you want the deepest blackest black in the industry go with House of Kolor (HOK) black in any variant. Follow the old instructions and you can't get deeper and blacker than that. It is a urethane, but their basecoat black is also super deep and rich and can be topcoated or even mixed with nearly anything. 1st impression is always how expensive HOK might be. The cost vs others is a shock, at how much less. I haven't bought any in a while so with everything else draining our finances lately (petroleum distillates!) it wouldn't surprise me to hear it went up. Ask, or message me, I can offer some tech support if you need it. Just don't be in a rush, I don't visit regularly but do check in. Good luck...

Posted on: 2021/10/30 12:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved