Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

V-12 Utica test drive stickers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
I'm wondering who, if anyone, has made sense of the test drive decal/sticker on the V-12s as found on the passenger side glove box. I know as time progressed the "AF #" was typed in, earlier variants had it put down in pencil. All I know is that it was done, there's an AF number involved, and that usually the test driver initialed the sticker when it was put on. Is there a list? What does "AF" stand for? When was that adopted? I'm very familiar with what was written in Ed Blend's wonderful book on 34s, but this practice, to the best of my knowledge, continued throughout the V-12 production run. I searched here, searched google, duck duck go, nuttin. I'm fairly certain the cars were taken by truck in groups to Utica, but also think some were tested in the big expanse near the Grand Blvd plant (also had a testing facility). Looking fwd to links, info, direction, etc. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2021/10/27 11:56
 Top  Print 

Re: V-12 Utica test drive stickers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
Just in from the "This topic is useless without pics" dept, a picture of one from a 32 dated July 8th, 1932. My birthday (not birth year!).

Attach file:

jpg  454.jpg (207.94 KB)
904_61798a1e496da.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2021/10/27 12:19
 Top  Print 

Re: V-12 Utica test drive stickers
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Andreas Straube in Germany has made a study of the V12 test drive labels and other documentation and I recall he published at least one article on them in the Cormorant though as I recall he was more focused on 1934. You might want to make contact with him and see what he has learned since, his contact info is in the PAC membership materials.

Posted on: 2021/10/27 13:06
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved