Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 151

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 Packard 110 Blue Color aqnd Unusual Interior
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Although the car is long sold, I have always wondered what Packard called its beautiful original color but I don't see it on the paint chips. It was a very bright nonmetallic almost plastic-looking blue. Anyone know its name?

This car also had an original two-tone interior with all the seats and rear armrests being dark blue and the window moldings in the back also being blue. When I stripped them, there was no sign that they had ever been wood grained, yet the fronts and dash were wood grained. I still have the original seat upholstery which has the Packard name stamped on the underside.

As a little history, I bought this car, which had been repainted bright yellow, as a parts car in the late '60s or early '70s for the 1939 Six that I was working on at the time but the 1940 proved to be in far better condition so I sold the 1939 and kept the 1940 until about fifteen years ago. The 1939 also came with a 1940 parts car located in another part of the state (Washington) and shortly after I was given another 1940 parts car and bought a 1941 Henney-Packard so by the time I was 17 years old I had five Packards! At that time, none were even considered to be antiques yet.

Posted on: 2021/10/27 16:28
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved