Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
70 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

More 1940
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiShtKv43hg

There are several packards but you need to pay attention. At 1:45 and 4:10 Frost & French Packard dealer. I believe they became a Studebaker dealer and if I remember seeing them selling factory Packard and Studebaker parts into the seventies?

Posted on: 2021/10/29 18:26
 Top  Print   

Re: More 1940
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
.....Frost & French Packard dealer. I believe they became a Studebaker dealer and if remember seeing them selling factory Packard and Studebaker parts into the seventies?

Yes, and maybe longer. I don't know if they sold directly to the public or was a wholesaler who sold thru others.

The late Steve Williams definitely bought parts thru them and I think it might have even been into the 80s. When I was doing the 56 in the early 80s, anytime I wanted something Steve did not have he said he would need to place an order. It was usually thru F&F but sometimes thru SASCO in South Bend. Not sure if either one of them could have been affiliated with what was left of Studebaker or if they had some tie in with Nate Altman and the inventory he bought along with rights to the Avanti. Whichever one he went with, almost always Steve got what was ordered.

Posted on: 2021/10/29 19:00
Howard
 Top  Print   
Hug (1)

Re: More 1940
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I had a 1963 Studebaker Avanti. Among the records were notations of parts purchased from Frost & French. It was a long-time Pasadena car.

Posted on: 2021/10/31 11:32
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved