Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 230

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: This auction is not very well listed
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Alright, I am late to advising the auction listing as expected from my prior discussion. Seems y'all have found it (yes Wat, that is the 47 I would expect you to be interested in, complete car, reasonably solid)
Yes, there are some good projects and some carcasses that should have been scrapped long ago. But when you have the space,why not keep them around, just in case.
Understand that NY did not have titles prior to 1974, so the paperwork issue is not as great as some may suggest.

Anyway, if you have any particular questions on any car/s, I do have my "man on the scene" who can investigate further or I may know the car otherwise.

Yes, long story on much of this, but the net is the auction is proceeding in the only real manner possible...no reserve and bring a trailer.

Posted on: 2021/11/5 20:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
No real complaints from me Flack… waiting my turn. Hope it works out….

Posted on: 2021/11/6 1:41
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
David, It's a monumental task you're undertaking in wrangling the sale of so many vehicles and little to no kudos for doing so. I know I couldn't do it, I take my hat off to you!

Posted on: 2021/11/6 3:44
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Well, I bit the bullet and went thru comparing all the serial numbers of the Packards and Avantis in this auction to my spreadsheet of the cars sold by my family's dealerships. Only one match -- #88, serial number 2552-5396, a black 400 Touring Sedan. This car is mis-represented in the auction description as a "Pacific Hardtop". Needless to say, I won't be bidding on it, but it's interesting that this car has survived until 2021. Unfortunately, I don't feel good that it will survive much longer.

From looking at these cars, I'm afraid a high percentage will become scrap.

Posted on: 2021/11/6 7:57
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The rarest of the lot are a couple prewar Henney-Packard flower cars but in abysmal condition. I do like the 1953 Henney-Packard Nu-3-Way Landaulet, though, but auctions are not my forte. My one hope was that there might be a 1953-1954 with factory A/C but alas the one listed as having it does not.

Posted on: 2021/11/6 10:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
To me lots of goodies in that building.
Thank goodness i wasn't able to see pictures a while back. I see a lot of tempting cars. But alas, too short a window for that far.

I hope they all don’t go to scrap.

Posted on: 2021/11/6 12:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Ah yes, a (potential) trip to upstate NY in late Autumn. Perhaps Allah will smile on those making the trek and send bearable weather, as fair weather is probably too much to ask for.

Actually, I was a bit more interested in the Clipper deluxe, but this is a business decision, and I can only do so much.

Also, I am rather surprised at how few of you seem able to move cars by yourselves, or maybe I'm just (very) weird like that.

Posted on: 2021/11/7 5:33
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
It comes to me that the Hold Harmless clause is to protect their silly asses for what they tear up on the car you bought while they're dragging it out of the warehouse.

I wonder if the auctioneer would answer that question.

Posted on: 2021/11/7 5:37
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
This thing is fun to watch.

No one has bid on the Caribbean with the air cleaner still on it.

No one has bid on the Maroon Custom 8 which has a decent enough interior that could be used for parts alone.

The guy who wants the Morgan doesn't want to have the solid TR-4 which has the same engine.

No one has noticed the flower car with the 160 doors on it. For someone with a fake 40-41 160 convertible those doors are a gift from heaven.

I remember when those side mount fenders were going for $1000 which in today's money is around $8000.

Posted on: 2021/11/7 11:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Of all the interesting cars, many of which don't look all that bad in the rather poor photos, the one that struck my fancy was the 1954 Henney-Packard. I would definitely pay $100 for it (or whatever the starting bid was) and for someone to ship it out but I simply don't have the will to deal with an auction of such precise specifications! I don't want to see it or any of them be crushed. Far too tight and virtually no time to plan but if anyone is there and wants to handle it for me, that's another story!

Posted on: 2021/11/7 14:52
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved