Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 143

BigKev, bkazmer, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 10 »

Re: Packard NO RESERVE auction
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

PP56FR
See User information
I've collected the pictures of the 1956 cars, and put them in the attached zip. Enjoy!

Attach file:

zip 1956s.zip Size: 0.00 KB; Hits: 155

Posted on: 2021/11/17 9:23
Fred
1956 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I remain available to discuss. David Flack, 214-549 twelve-fifty. As discussed the logistics of the building/cars has everything to do with the auction terms regarding pickup afterwards. It just is not possible to remove the cars in any other manner than closest to the door, and then out.. a little bit of wiggle room on this depending on exactly where any certain car sits (WITH PROPER COMMUNICATION). These cars have been "saved" in many cases, and now its time for others to do so as well.

Posted on: 2021/11/17 9:58
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

ChuckAZ
See User information
I am in the same boat as h.d.fir. I have a lot that I would like some better pics of and an unbiased opinion of.

Quote:
Are there any members here who plan on attending the preview?
I'm interested in a couple cars, but would greatly appreciate a "in person" evaluation prior to bidding. I'm in the midwest and can not attend the preview. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2021/11/17 11:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Vagaries of auctions. Bid accordingly or not. If you don't like what you see, you won't bid. Auctions want bids.

Logistics costs of moving the vehicle(s) need to be accounted for. I didn't see any "help" in that regard. Maybe Flack knows?
If you don't pickup, may not be there from what they say. I see this a lot on onlines, and it's not practical for most/widest audience.
I guessing the time crunch on clearing the bldg has them up against it.

Posted on: 2021/11/18 8:55
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Yes, the logistics are part of the problem.. Inop vehicles with flat tires are not popular with commercial transporters, and of course reasonable timing on when cars get extracted. There is no way to pick and choose extraction...cars are tightly packed in the building, surely we noticed this, and yes, the building condition is also a factor that has resulted in this opportunity. One team has responsibility to remove the 200+ cars carefully for the cars, and the building.
If you want additional pictures, contact the auction company directly and be specific. Maybe, depending on when they have someone on-site (not every day)

Posted on: 2021/11/18 9:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Logistics definitely put me out of this one being in Louisiana, but were I closer, I would definitely be there and put up a good struggle for several of those cars.

This seems a crying shame to have gathered so many cars and not done anything with them. Hoarding was mentioned earlier on, and I'd have to agree. I mean no disrespect, but if you have this many projects and parts cars, you need to make certain they are dispensed of properly before you reach a ripe old age and cannot do so yourself.

I've done estate and antique auctions all my life, and worked quite a few heavy equipment auctions, this will be a very difficult sale to conduct and I do not envy the auction company. A similar thing happened down here half a dozen years ago when an old junk yard that had closed decades ago was liquidated. The company brought in low-boys and fork loaders and hauled all the "collector" cars, several hundred of them, to their site which was about fifteen miles away. Most were 1940's era cars and some muscle cars, along with a few 1940 Fords. That did allow buyers to have a good look at what was left of the cars, most were only good for parts, but, I'm sure a few ended up being redone as rat rods or heavily contributed to their construction.

It will be very interesting to see the prices realized on these cars.

Posted on: 2021/11/18 14:17
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

ChuckAZ
See User information
It appears as though there are a couple of people that are getting into or expanding their parts collections. Maybe Kanter based on their proximity of the auction?

Two bidders are scooping up quite a few cars.

Posted on: 2021/11/22 12:17
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

John L. Trotter
See User information
There definitely were some bargains...

Posted on: 2021/11/22 13:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Well, now that this thing is done and it's all over with except for the whinging for having to get it all picked up and delivered, I have to say that I am very positively impressed that the old car folks stepped up and bought all but 2 of these cars. And some of it went for more than I suspected it might. Yes, there were some deals - apparently. One never knows until one gets his/her New Treasure home and starts to fiddle with it.

And I don't envy a soul for having to drag a trailer up there into Snow Country at this time of year. That thought put my bid ceiling very low. I lost the bid, but I may well have won in the long run.

Posted on: 2021/11/23 5:55
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
I have to say that I am very positively impressed that the old car folks stepped up and bought all but 2 of these cars.

Do you think that maybe scrappers (sorry, they are 'recyclers' today ) purchased some of these (the ones that went for a few hundred bucks)? Not sure what scrap prices are these days, but there is a lot of metal in those old Packards.

The one Packard in this auction that was sold by my family's Packard dealership (#88, serial 2552-5396, a four door) wend for $300 to a bidder named 'budlight', who I see bought a number of other low priced cars. I don't have any hope this car will live much longer.

Posted on: 2021/11/23 8:27
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 10 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved