Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

FUBAR eBay listing for Packard V8 rod bearings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
An eBay listing for King Racing Packard V8 rod bearings will result in receiving Ford FE bearings.

When I pointed it out for a refund, "We get all our info from the eBay data base and they say it's for Packards."

BTW, I seldom to never buy off eBay for those reasons, but a Packard friend forwarded the listing to me and because of that, I didn't look as closely as I should have; I know King never made Packard V8 rod bearings, fer gosh sakes!

jack vines

jack vines

Posted on: 2021/11/10 17:41
 Top  Print 

Re: FUBAR eBay listing for Packard V8 rod bearings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I don't call it junkbay for nothing.

If I bought the item and it turned out to be junk I would start by saying "There is no such thing as an ebay data base for Packard parts that means anything. The bearings don't fit any Packard engine and I can't use them."

One time I bought a small item that was junk and didn't fit. I said the item has the wrong thread and I got a refund.

Other times the pictures didn't match the item received and I got refunds.

I don't know how it works with more expensive junk. The most expensive things I've bought on junkbay are Packard parts, but only I with a cheapskate bid. I've lost a lot of bids that way, but if someone needs the part for their car I'm happy to let them have. I know that's a losers game but I don't care it's just old car parts.

After all we're not bidding on index futures here. That involves real money.

Posted on: 2021/11/10 18:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Agree; in the end one's money is refunded, but the waste of time cannot be gotten back.

jack vines

Posted on: 2021/11/11 11:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Use their dispute process. If it was on a credit card, deny payment.

Posted on: 2021/11/11 15:46
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved