Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

James J. Nance biography
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
A new biography of James J. Nance has been published.

The life of James J. Nance is told — in full — for the first time. From humble beginnings in Ohio at the turn of the 20th century, to the heights of the business world in the fields of appliances at Frigidaire and Hotpoint, in the automobile industry at the Packard Motor Car Company, Studebaker-Packard Corporation and the Ford Motor Company, banking at the Central National Bank in Cleveland, finance at First Union Real Estate Investments, and his return to the Packard world via The Packard Club, Nance’s story is one of triumph and tragedy.

Volume One covers the years 1900 to 1954. Volume Two covers the years 1955 to 1984. Both softcover books measure 8½” x 11”. Volume One is 204 pages and sells for $19.95 US. Volume Two is 320 pages and sells for $29.95 US. Both books are available through Amazon.com.

The author, Stuart R. Blond, has been editing regional, national, and international newsletters and magazines for The Packard Club since 1983. His writing and editing has won him numerous awards from multiple organizations.

Autographed copies may be obtained for $28. (for Volume One), and $38. (for Volume Two) directly from the author. Send payment via PayPal to: stuartrblond@earthlink.net. This includes Priority postage in the USA.

Or, you can send a personal check or money order to: Stuart R. Blond, 84 Hoy Avenue, Fords, NJ 08863.

Attach file:

jpg  51UzwGMf2lL.jpg (45.89 KB)
1445_618de97e16744.jpg 1000X1294 px

jpg  61YD-eYvrvL.jpg (89.97 KB)
1445_618de98c9002d.jpg 1000X1294 px

Posted on: 2021/11/11 23:16
 Top  Print 

Re: James J. Nance biography
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Congratulations to Mr. Blond on this publication, it fills a long-needed niche in the Packard bookshelf. I've had the privilege of reading an early draft and very highly recommend this work to anyone with any interest in Packard history.

Posted on: 2021/11/11 23:38
 Top  Print 

Re: James J. Nance biography
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Finally, at long last, the story is told. As someone who first talked with James J. Nance in the 1970s, I've been looking forward to the release of this interesting book. What I've seen so far has been meticulously researched and reveals so much that Packard fans never knew.

Hopefully this book will go a long way toward erasing myths while putting a proper perspective on JJN and his actual triumphs and tragedies.

I've already sent for my two volumes and look forward to some immensely riveting reading this winter.

Interesting to see JJN driving a 1958 Continental Mark III convertible on the Volume 2 cover. A car sold at Earle C. Anthony's dealerships and largely inspired by Packard Predictor. And in some ways, this Continental Mark III was not too very far from what the 1957-1958 Detroit-built Packard Caribbean would have been like... IF that Caribbean had ever reached production.

Posted on: 2021/11/12 5:21
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved