Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 114

Peter Packard, michael biegas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Valve Adjustments
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
I wanted to put a plug in for Ross's new video on how to adjust valves. It was very helpful, especially for someone like me who has no clue how it's done. For anyone else wondering about the process I encourage you to watch the video:

Ross, you mentioned in the video that the adjusters have self-locking threads on the later models. I'm assuming that would include 51-56'? So all that needs to happen is spin the adjuster up and down and it will stay on its own?

Thanks Ross for taking the time to make these videos. I've done it before and it's a lot of extra work with little reward. But it is a huge help to us new guys.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/11/17 12:09
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Re: Valve Adjustments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Thanks Kevin for telling us about the video, and thanks Ross for sharing the knowledge. I tried adjusting while running with the "go-nogo" method, and wasn't happy with my results. It helps to see and hear you explain about feeling the amount of drag on the feeler gauge. -Glad we can look over you shoulder!

Posted on: 2021/11/17 16:29
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Self locking are on the 48-54 non-hydraulic flatheads. Possibly earlier, but not sure.

Posted on: 2021/11/17 18:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Ross - of course, not the V8's....I had a bit of a brain fart on that one. My car has the non-hydraulic lifters, so this video was exactly what I needed.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/11/17 19:32
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved