Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
25 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 23

39Rollson, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1937 Super-Eight Business models....have any survived?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

FPTGearhead
See User information
Yes the whole situation was and is so sad. Regarding the specifics you wanted, probably not happening. I do remember that the rod shop was trying to sell the engine as it had no value to them. They also were having a tough time finding replacement rear fenders as it was a unique style for Packard.

As being a business limo, I do remember Rick saying decisively that it was a business limo. Something about leather in one section, non-leather in the other. About the trim and ashtrays and such, I'm clueless. I don't think I have any interior photos, but do have a few exterior shots.

If you search this website about Packards in the movies, check out the movie "The Natural" starring Robert Redford. I posted pixs of Rick's car twice in the movie. Once in front of a big hotel and also a street scene. FYI, the movie was filmed in nearby Buffalo and Rick like me auditioned and made the movie. I was also chosen but never was in the movie. Darn...The Natural time theme was in 1939.

Posted on: 2021/11/28 20:12
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 Super-Eight Business models....have any survived?
Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
I'm familiar with the car but never took a good look at it. It was never restored but the owners have had it stripped and are in the process of putting a modern transmission and engine in. The shop is Horsepower Motor Works in Victor NY . Ask for Scott as he is doing the work. 585.924.9199. Hope this helps. I live about 10 minutes from the shop if I can help.

Posted on: 2021/11/28 21:11
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved