Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
60 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 59

CarFreak, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Re: PackardDon's 1956 Clipper Custom Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardDon
See User information
Although this car isn't my primary focus right now, I have still been gathering parts it will need including new door panels. I once took a raincheck with a large deposit on the only sale SMS ever had for its interior and for my 1965 Imperial LeBaron's leather seats and, as they are so far off in delivery, I want to send them the door panels as a pattern sooner than later. The front panels are already off and today I got back to work on the rear doors. I may not get them shipped this time but at least I can get them ready.

Posted on: 10/10 22:26
 Top  Print 

Re: PackardDon
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardDon
See User information
I had the front doors' steel panels powder coated but the result was unexpected in that it never occurred to me to specify glossy. Somehow I was thinking that it would be glossy unless I specified otherwise!

They do like nice and the dash will probably have padding so won't show but I'm not sure how it would look on all the window trim pieces. Any thoughts?

Maybe it shows in the photo but with this finish, I can see that one has a tiny bend but it can likely be straightened without damaging the finish. Otherwise they will have to be done again.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_3075.jpg (2,294.26 KB)
60923_634e299a6a97c.jpg 4032X3024 px

Posted on: 10/17 23:20
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Search
Recent Photos
1937 120C Progress (11/23/2022)
1937 120C Progress
1937 120C Progress (11/23/2022)
1937 120C Progress
side view.jpg (10/23/2022)
side view.jpg
Photo of the Day
1935 Packard convertible sedan, left side view, top raised
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2021, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved