Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 180 paint code
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
Is there a number on the car that will tell you the original paint code or number? My car was repainted years ago so going by the color on the car may not be correct. The interior is like a dark green . The outside of the car to me sometimes looks blue other times it looks green to me. Was there certain colors for senior cars? I noticed in an RM paint chip chart there only seems to be 1 green called Chicory green Iridescent. But other paint charts show several greens for 1941

Posted on: 2021/12/24 10:58
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 180 paint code
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No, there is no number or letter code on the vehicle to indicate the original paint scheme, Packard did not begin including paint and trim info on the ID plate until late in the 22nd series. The paint and trim information for your car did appear on internal company documents (including the Vehicle Unit Record card) but only a handful of these have survived and those only from a. handful of dealership copies of those records.

There were several greens for both junior and senior models, one of mine was two-tone, Chickory over Grove green.

Posted on: 2021/12/24 12:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Chickory over Grove is an attractive combo. For the OP, Grove is the only dark green for 41, I believe.

Posted on: 2021/12/24 13:53
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
This 1941 180 Formal Sedan is Grove Green, the darker of the two greens. Photo by this writer from the 2013 Metro Region CCCA Dust-off run.

Attach file:

jpg  41 Formal Grove Green.jpg (395.87 KB)
177_61c638cac9916.jpg 1920X1324 px

Posted on: 2021/12/24 16:18
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved