Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Car Paint Chips & Colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I came across a web site today that shows a lot of auto paint colors that I thought others here might find helpful. To view it, go to https://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml

Posted on: 2021/12/28 17:36
 Top  Print 

Re: Car Paint Chips & Colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
According to that site, the original color of my 1965 Imperial LeBaron (which had been repainted black before I bought it in 1972) was Patrician Gold!

Posted on: 2021/12/29 2:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Thanks--i'll be picking up some paint tomorrow for my '37 115c. (hickory green, bronze pinstripes)

Posted on: 2021/12/30 0:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Visited my local PPG shop today, with the color code (H) for my '37 115C, and the Ditzler PPG number, IM1818 for the Hickory Leaf Green paint.

They were utterly unable to find anything in their files for this code reference.

Is there a site with a deeper dive into the actual paint blend, or will I just have to wait until spring and drive Amelia down there so they can color match it?

Any assistance appreciated!

Tom S.

(16º outside, 5" of new snow and still coming down).

Posted on: 2021/12/30 14:17
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
IIRC, it's been reported here that the old Packard paint/color codes (not sure how far back) have been converted to modern formulas, but your local supplier has to contact PPG for those formulas.

However, I'm no where near ready to pursue that avenue.

Perhaps others will chime in with additional details and more recent experience.

Posted on: 2021/12/30 16:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
The local counter guy did contact PPG while I was there, and perhaps due to the holiday, or due to inexperienced staff working at PPG, they didn't know where to start with it.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in their corporation...

Posted on: 2021/12/30 16:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/pages/1937-Packard.html

This is part of TCP GLobal in CA. Find your color, order the smallest amount you can, do a spray out and send it to your local supplier to make all you need. A bit of leg work but worth the effort. I think mail order paint and supplies adds effort and expense to the job that's not necessary. Lots of reasons to buy local from a logistic point of view.

Posted on: 2022/1/11 10:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
TCP Global uses (Last time I checked) PPG. I found their cost to be 2/3's to 3/4's cheaper that my local shops. I think they now offer free shipping.

Posted on: 2022/1/11 19:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Thanks--I just ordered paint for my '37.

Posted on: 2022/1/11 21:26
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved