Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 98

JD in KC, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Most reliable Packard engine?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Kev, Perhaps you should also delete the posting along with mine and perhaps if John agrees, his also. I would leave 55PackardGuy's.

Posted on: 2009/4/17 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Clipper47 and All,

I have been concerned that my recent post would be taken as an apology for inappropriate behavior on this forum, which was not my intention at all. I don't know how much of PFH's antics are part of his natural personality and how much might be the way he reacts to well-intentioned advice, or previous experiences he has had... and who will ever know?

I hate to think my post encouraged another deceitful submission from him but apparently it did. If there's one thing that requires patience and tact, it is rebuilding trust once it's been broken, and it doesn't seem like PFH is willing to make good on that effort, and therefore probably won't get another chance to try.

Maybe, since there has been another thread started with a poll on Packard engine reliability observations based on either personal experience or information about these engines which we feel makes them strong candidates for "most reliable," we can just let this thread pass into the darkness, or perhaps move the earlier posts to the top of the other engine reliability thread to maintain continuity. I also think 39Super8's "2?" post could stand alone as kind of a PFH requiem. He also makes excellent points about presenting a welcoming attitude to sincere individuals and there efforts.

It wouldn't bother me any to see the rest of it disappear, if Kev is willing to go to the trouble.

P.S. From personal experience, I've found that if you try to establish a superlative in a thread like "most" or "best" or "first" it's difficult to avoid some strong reactions. But if everyone recognizes in good faith that opinions and even interpretation of "facts" can differ, a great spirited debate can happen with no need for animosity. I think the atmosphere created by the webmaster and users of this site makes it likely that things can remain friendly.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2009/4/17 23:56
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
{singing} "La cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar porque no tiene, porque le falta marihuana que fumar."

Posted on: 2009/4/18 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Sad thing about that term "cockroach." It was the name that the Hutu people called the Tutsi as they hacked them to death with machetes in Rwanda-- about 1 million deaths. See Hotel Rwanda if you want a real gut full of things to think about, other than little internet squabbles.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 21:13
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Amen to that !

Posted on: 2009/4/21 8:50

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Agreed. Thread locked. Move along folks...nothing to see here.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 23:33
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved