Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 128

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

dashboard plastic 1940 160
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bradford B. Owen Jr.
See User information
Can anybody point me to color charts showing the original dashboard plastic colors offered for a 1940 160? I've seen some wild colors at shows and I see that Lavine offers a diverse palette of plastic colors that they call "Packard" colors. I've made the molds and the solid colors are fairly easy to make. Unfortunately, mine is the "fudge" color and I'm not having much success reproducing it, so I want to know what other colors would be accurate! I also have the same question concerning the steering wheel, although I'm pretty sure I've duplicated the color on mine.

Posted on: 2022/1/9 15:12
 Top  Print   

Re: dashboard plastic 1940 160
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
LaVine acquired this business from Jerry of Yesterday's Radio, who developed the tooling and color matches. From what I've seen over the years the matches are good.

The semi-translucent marbling I've only seen in original pieces.

Posted on: 2022/1/9 15:22
 Top  Print   

Re: dashboard plastic 1940 160
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bradford B. Owen Jr.
See User information
I remember when Jerry told me he was going to retire - he gave me some good tips! However, I have trouble thinking that some of the colors LaVine shows apply to 1940 - maybe they applied to 1941. I am embarrassed to ask them about it since I'm making my own (I'm on a budget, and I like the challenge!) Just hoped somebody had original color charts, or better yet an idea of how to get that great marbled effect of the "fudge" that was in my car. And I've always restored my own steering wheels - which in my car was not marbled, but a sort of ugly caramel color. Does anybody know if the steering wheels ever originally had the marbled "fudge" color?

Posted on: 2022/1/9 18:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved