Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1956 Packard 400 antenna fender angle black base replacement
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ernie Baily
See User information
I need to locate a replacement rubber angle ft fender antenna base. Any ideas where to find one?

Posted on: 2022/1/18 12:46
 Top  Print 

Re: 1956 Packard 400 antenna fender angle black base replacement
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The angle base is bakelite and a repro is available in modern plastic. I believe the grommet under the plastic would be the only rubber.

Lavine Classic Car Reproductions has the plastic piece.https://classiccarreproductions.com/product/antenna-mount-rear-1955-56/

I believe Steele Rubber has the rubber grommets that go in the fender hole and this is the one for the rear. Verify the size you need as they also carry another and the wording for part numbers on the description is a bit vague.https://www.steelerubber.com/search?q=+70-2264-21

Posted on: 2022/1/18 13:16
Howard
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ernie Baily
See User information
Thanks for the info! I'll order one, I hope the angel will work as my antenna is located on the right front fender.

Posted on: 2022/1/19 11:02
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I misread your first post and for some reason thought you were aking for a rear piece. There is a different base piece for the front to fit the curve of the fender. As long as the antenna is in the same relative position on the right side fender as it would normally be on the front left, the plastic piece should also work on the right and you should get that one instead of the rear. There is also a different grommet for the front piece which Steele has reproduced.https://classiccarreproductions.com/product/antenna-mount-manual-1951-56/

Posted on: 2022/1/19 11:11
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Ernie Baily wrote:
Thanks for the info! I'll order one, I hope the angel will work as my antenna is located on the right front fender.

Okay. Let's see photos of this antenna mounted on the right-hand front fender. The factory didn't do such stuff. So let's see what it is.

By the way... back when we could not find good rubber grommets for factory antenna decades ago, I developed a quick fix.

Most grommets in places like Southern California deteriorated and even turned hard, globby gray. I simply loosened and removed the antenna mast retaining nut... then the Bakelite base, then removed the rubber grommet. Usually no matter how bad the exposed part of the grommet was outside of the fender, the underside was usually nice and even pliable. Reason? It had always been hidden from the sun. So? I flipped the grommet over and re-installed. presto! Usually looked like new.

Posted on: 2022/1/19 19:26
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ernie Baily
See User information
Hello, I'm sorry, the antenna is located on the drivers side front fender. this is the broken part.

Attach file:

jpg  56Packard400 antenna rubber.JPG (40.00 KB)
225093_61eae3ec22273.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2022/1/21 11:49
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I suggest you call and speak to someone at Lavine.https://classiccarreproductions.com Tell them exactly which antenna you have and where it is mounted and get what they suggest. If they do not have the specific piece needed then good used from Mike Dulinski or one of the other vendors would be the next best option.

Posted on: 2022/1/21 12:07
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved