Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

radio
Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
how does one tell the circa of a packard radio

Posted on: 2022/1/20 21:26
 Top  Print 

Re: radio
Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Either shop manuals or sales literature is the only way I've done it, but I haven't had the need to go very deeply into it....

Posted on: 2022/1/21 0:37
 Top  Print 

Re: radio
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The Packard Accessory number PA-xxxxx usually found on a label somewhere on the side or back of the radio enclosure would be the best way for 51 and later radios because those are listed in the parts manual. Earlier than that and I find nothing listed in parts manuals but maybe someone has a copy of the dealer sales lists for accessory or options showing the PA numbers that were available for the radios fitting the different models.

Without a sales list, another possibility with having the PA number or if available, the manufacturer's model number, is a chance of finding an aftermarket schematic. Those are common and usually have a print date or copyright date somewhere on them. That date could only narrow it down to a year or two because some radios were available more than one model year or diagram could have had a revision.

Here are some examples. The photo labeled "47 schematic" shows the copyright date which is typically on an aftermarket Sam's Photofact diagram. Those are often found in sets on ebay and sets can cover several different items. Many times a diagram with a radio year or a when printed date will be found glued to the back inner cover of the radio case such as that shown on the photo labeled "inside of case".

Attach file:

jpg  47 schematic.jpg (62.05 KB)
209_61ea51281f90a.jpg 1028X550 px

jpg  51-54 parts.jpg (78.11 KB)
209_61ea51332ea6b.jpg 1430X452 px

jpg  55-6 parts.jpg (77.18 KB)
209_61ea513ddf197.jpg 1920X453 px

jpg  inside of case .jpg (157.47 KB)
209_61eacf6468e07.jpg 1476X960 px

Posted on: 2022/1/21 1:24
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved