Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Treadle Vac Conversion
Home away from home
Home away from home

CarFreak
See User information
Andrew, How goes your search for dual chamber master cylinder?

Posted on: 2022/4/25 12:13
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Andrew M
See User information
Quote:

CarFreak wrote:
Andrew, How goes your search for dual chamber master cylinder?

Haven't found any more options yet.

Posted on: 2022/4/25 21:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I may have mentioned this on other discussions about power brake conversions. Why power brakes? An unboosted master cylinder should work nicely. Seems to me this would be an effective and more easily done solution.

Posted on: 2022/4/27 11:44
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

cortes121
See User information
This may be considered sacriligeous on this board, so I apologize in advance, but I saw a video the other day about adapting Tesla's brakes to a converted 50's Jag.

https://youtu.be/SRZ8XDNz2vU

Wonder if it or another electrically boosted unit off another car could possibly work?

- Anthony

Posted on: 2022/5/4 19:08
- Anthony

1955 Packard Clipper Custom
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is an earlier thread on that very subject.

The Tesla unit is something to be considered but I think the issue with the Tesla or Bosch unit is still going to be size and where to locate it. The amount of current needed to run the unit with only a generator charging system might also be a concern. IMO, the ABS Electric High Power (Electro-Boost) system might be a better option and a few of those have been installed on V8 Packards. It is a two piece unit so easier to find mounting spots and the power unit has less current draw and no vehicle sensor or ECM work around requirements

Posted on: 2022/5/4 19:58
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
We've been in a central bank caused asset bubble for a long while. The present inflation situation is doing funny things to inflated asset prices. The central bankers may deny there is a problem, but propping up speculative markets with fake money is a farce. As far as I'm concerned when they say "the economy" they mean everybody who earns over a million dollars a year. The rest are the loser class.

Most young people today just aren't in a position to spend a lot of money on relics, and if the SCOTUS has it's way things will get much worse.

One thing I will say about Bob Turnquist is that he never made money on his cars and he thought that skyrocketing prices would freeze out real enthusiasts.

Posted on: 2022/5/5 11:00
 Top  Print 
Dislike (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Again, this isn’t a political forum. If you want to post that stuff, go somewhere where it is appropriate!

Posted on: 2022/5/5 11:30
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved