Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
63 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 super 8 spark plug number needed
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
I have a 1941 super 8 with the real small threads on the plugs I think they are 10 millimeter. I looked at an old post and it said autolite 308 but they are to big. Also checked the parts cross reference they are not listed. My motor manual says ac 104 but that says all motors back to 1935 that dose not seem correct to me. The plug that are in the engine now are champion uy6 but I dont know if they are correct. Thanks for any help

Posted on: 2022/2/8 14:01
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 super 8 spark plug number needed
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Iaccino
See User information
I always use ac104

Posted on: 2022/2/9 7:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Your UY6 is the Champion equivalent to the AC M-8 which is also an acceptable plug for your application, as is the AC 104.

Posted on: 2022/2/9 14:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello 29 Tons,

Owen Dyneto is right and the AC M8 is what I prefer. The M stands for Marine use and has a black coating which is period correct. Others are cadium plated and not what you would see in 1941.

Available at most auto shops and I think the same price as AC 104. Why not get the correct one?

Attach file:

jpg  M8 Spark Plug.jpg (213.65 KB)
436_62046fc5ce7e5.jpg 1512X1512 px

Posted on: 2022/2/9 20:52
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Owen's right as usual. AC M-8s at any NAPA store seem to be the right heat range for our 356 engines, as well as all late '30s Buicks, Cadillacs, LaSalles, Chevrolets, Packards, and probably still made for all the old Chevy trucks and cars yet running in South America. Buy them at NAPA, the one major chain still bothering to help those with old cars.

Posted on: 2022/2/10 17:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I think the M-8 is more resistant to fouling. However, if you want to use Champions you can paint the base or make up an oxide staining solution.

Both companies are victims of MBAs soaking the brand name in a race to the bottom. That is a hidden form of inflation as well, but oops, the crackpot economists say there is no inflation, or that inflation is good, or that inflation is not a problem except if you are not rich.

Posted on: 2022/2/11 11:48
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved