Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 74

Fish'n Jim, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

53 Cavalier Part mystery
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ol2Stroker
See User information
Hi all. I'm looking for the part circled in the picture. It's at the base of the antenna and the chrome antenna top screws down on top of it and holds it to the fender. It's curved to match the fender and a black plastic or rubber. I ordered part # 439253 from max merrit but that definitely isn't it. I just can't seem to find it in the catalogs. Thanks in advance.

Attach file:

jpg  22.jpg (200.04 KB)
225313_620cfcc918deb.jpg 1920X1481 px

Posted on: 2022/2/16 8:32
 Top  Print   

Re: 53 Cavalier Part mystery
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You didn't mention if you have a power or manual antenna but Lavinehttps://classiccarreproductions.com/product-category/antenna/ has one they list for a manual antenna. You can contact them and see if the item they list for a 51-6 manual antenna will also work for both or if they have or can make another piece for front power. I cannot remember if the 51-4 power antenna is any smaller and might need a smaller diameter piece than a manual.

If they do not make the repro piece you need then I don't know where you would find anything other than off a parts car.

Posted on: 2022/2/16 9:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ol2Stroker
See User information
Thanks Howard. It's a power antenna and sadly the broken one I have is from a parts car.

Posted on: 2022/2/16 9:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The fender contour will be the same for both and that would be, I think, the more important fit. If Lavine would provide some ID and OD dimensions for the hole and top you could see if the antenna would fit the hole. If the antenna is smaller something wrapped around it to fill the space might work as long as the OD of the piece is not so large the nut would be ineffective or its diameter be too small and leave a lot of space on the top of the plastic noticeable. If the antenna is larger than the hole then that would probably be the show stopper.

Posted on: 2022/2/16 9:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ol2Stroker
See User information
I'd rather the hole was a little small tbh. Should be cake to drill. Worst case if I don't come up with anything I will have one 3d printed.

Posted on: 2022/2/16 10:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
They told me a while back that they have it for power antenna but that it’s not listed so best to contact them before buying. On the grommet, the parts book lists a different one for 1954 while Steele Rubber shows one size from 1951 through 1956 which looks like mine, then they have another listed for 1954 only that looks nothing like mine so it’s a bit confusing.

Update: Co-incidentally, Lavine wrote to me this morning about this very part and indicated that they think that their AM01 is the proper part for my 1954. This part is listed on their site as fitting 1955-1956 but oddly, the 1948-1954 and 1955-1956 Packard Parts Books do not appear to have it listed at all for front fender power antenna but they do show the same part number (the '51-'54 number is preceded by PA) for the manual antenna and that seems to confirm that the fender slope is the same between the '51-'54 and the '55-'56 models.

Posted on: 2022/2/17 2:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Chirco
See User information
If you haven't found it yet i have them in stock
Mike Chirco/ Tucson Packard

Posted on: 2022/2/18 4:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Lavine Restorations does make the correct part for the power antenna. It is not listed on their website, but they do have the measurements. They made it for mine.

Don, I still have the old one I found that I need to send you. It is a bit rough, but might be able to be cleaned up with some polishing. I lost it for a bit but found it again when I was cleaning up parts. I'll send it out Monday.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2022/2/18 23:46
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved