Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

51-54 engine colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
As far as engine color goes for 1951 to 1954 cars Excepting the 359 were they all grey? or was the "400" engine green? till the 359 that was bronze. I think they were all green 1950 and previous. I am unsure on 51-54

Posted on: 2022/2/20 7:26
 Top  Print 

Re: 51-54 engine colors
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There is a bit of mixed evidence on the early 22nd Series (1948) motors; occasionally a green one (almost always a "356"), shows up which appears to be original but the vast majority are gray. And most all of those that are green show evidence of having been repainted years ago. And historians tend to agree that it was at least Packard's intent that they all be grey beginning with the 22nd Series. And all 23rd series (1949) and later were gray except for the 1954 "359" engine which was bronze.

Posted on: 2022/2/20 8:39
 Top  Print 

Re: 51-54 engine colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Thank you for the reply. I wondered. I did just see a 200 on utube with what appeared to be a long ago painted green engine. It confused me thanks

Posted on: 2022/2/20 8:54
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved