Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Warehouse Find - Packard Collection
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

kevinpackard wrote:

My wife says I don't need another Packard. I disagree.

-Kevin

My word, man, what does need have to do with it???

Of course, Wat has been continuously divorced sine the last millennium, so there's that.

Posted on: 2022/3/1 19:27
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
There are several pictures but not a picture that gives you a good view of the whole car. I love boattails, but not on 1938 Packards and up. 1937 and earlier senior cars I think it looks great when it's done right.

Quote:

kevinpackard wrote:
Quote:

BDC wrote:
That 1940 boattail looks awkward, maybe it is the angle of the camera

Only one picture of it? Most of the other cars had several. Some different things on that car....a split front bumper? Can't say I like the huge horns on the fender either. I've never been big on boat tails anyways.

Still, some nice early 50's examples there. A couple of those would make great project cars for someone.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2022/3/1 20:07
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Quote:

BDC wrote:
There are several pictures but not a picture that gives you a good view of the whole car. I love boattails, but not on 1938 Packards and up. 1937 and earlier senior cars I think it looks great when it's done right.

You're right, I see the additional pictures now. Only one pulled up for me when I looked earlier today. But my internet has had issues off and on all day so it must've timed out. Definitely looks a little different on the back end of that car. I think it would look nicer if the whole rear lid had a gentle continuous slope without the boat shape, similar to a business coupe.

That's some serious lime green on the engine. Interior looks nice, and always a fan of Packard yellow on the exterior.

Kevin

Posted on: 2022/3/1 22:04
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ol2Stroker
See User information
How much is the 55 Hudson?

Posted on: 2022/3/1 23:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JT120
See User information
Why no detail on cars or location?

Posted on: 2022/3/2 21:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

The popularity of the boat-tail roadster configuration pretty much ended with the 1936 Auburn Supercharged 852. The remaining custom coachbuilders built maybe one or two but none from 1938 forward.

Its place was taken by the Darrin-styled convertible victoria which were the rage through WWII. This '40 would have been better customized in that theme. Typical of this genre of later bodies, it lacks proper surface development, which requires skilled 'panel-beaters' and tools such as the English Wheel to create. The '55 Pontiac Star Chief rear quarter 'stars' are a nice touch...

Odd they couldn't be bothered to include their location.

Steve

Posted on: 2022/3/5 18:11
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved