Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
74 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 74

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Robert's 56 Patrician
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My formerly owned 1963 Studebaker Avanti had its original California license plate which had three zeros. I forget the three letters which preceeded the numbers. I'll see if I can find a photo of it.

Posted on: 2022/3/25 12:51
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Robert's 56 Patrician
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The first in the series would have been AAA 000 or, when the 7th prefix was added, 1 AAA 000 and up to 1 ZZZ 999 before the prefix changed to 2 (it’s up to 8 or maybe even 9 now!). Prior to AAA 000 were the 000 AAA plates although I don’t recall off-hand the years exactly other than the black with yellow characters ended at the end of calendar year 1969, meaning that there were a few month’s worth of 1970 model year cars with them. The YOM plates I have for my 1956 Clipper are low series starting with A and are yellow with black characters.

Posted on: 2022/3/25 13:18
 Top  Print   

Re: Robert
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Robert
See User information
Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
That's quite interesting. As a licensed California VIN verifier, I've never seen a plate with all zeros but I can't imagine where the DMV wouldn't allow it if, 1) it was original; 2) there was a matched pair and 3) no one else was using it. On the other hand, maybe there's some kind of all-zero exclusion.

I think the issue is the others floating around. I don't know if the DMV had 10, 50, 100, etc made, so they could register the all-zero plate to my car, but there would be nothing to stop someone else from slapping another sample plate on their car, which would come back to me if the plate were run.

Posted on: 2022/3/26 12:21
- 1956 Patrician
- 1990 Miata - V8 swap under construction
- 2021 Civic Type R
- 2012 Yukon Denali - to tow the other three around
 Top  Print   

Re: Robert
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Interesting but I don't think they would be able to do so once yours was already in the system. Maybe your state is different but here it would be denied, same if several people tried to get the same personalized plate combination.

Posted on: 2022/3/26 19:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved