Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 132

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

V-12 Packard for sale on BaT
Just popping in
Just popping in

NoCoClipper
See User information
I listed a 1937 Twelve on Bring a Trailer for no reserve. It's a good, solid, running car that needs a pre-war expert to get it back on the road.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1937-packard-twelve-1507-five-passenger-sedan/

Posted on: 2022/3/21 13:33
 Top  Print   

Re: V-12 Packard for sale on BaT
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
That’s been posted here already and looks like quite a bargain so can use all the publicity i deserves! I haven’t owned a prewar for some years and never a 12 so would be very tempted if I had the room.

Posted on: 2022/3/21 14:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Looks like another victim of poor storage. The motor is in need of some expensive work. I wouldn't drive that thing much over 30 mph.

I like the mid-30's seven passenger cars more than the open cars. I always thought Bob Turnquist's 39 limo the most elegant.

Posted on: 2022/3/21 17:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
There's a couple of great Youtube videos on machine shop rebuilds of those 12's. Amazing mills and super smooth when in good condition and properly tuned, but the machining costs would have to be astronomical. I seem to recall $50K being kicked around on here for a target budget on just the motor rebuild. Deep pockets required, that's for sure. Chris.

Posted on: 2022/3/21 18:39
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Beautiful car. If I didn't already have two Juniors I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Posted on: 2022/3/23 22:44
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved