Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
170 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 169

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: State of the PackardInfo Union
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kev, sharing the news of your health situation with us took courage. Your strength is shown by how you are dealing with the disease. I think an easier path would be to keep it to yourself and family, you chose a different and more healthy path. Obviously, your priorities are centered on managing your health and taking time to manage this site needs to take a backseat. However, you are finding physical and mental strength to continue providing us with this forum where we can enhance our ownership experiences. We are most fortunate to be a part of what you have built. Take care - our thoughts are with you.

Posted on: 2022/3/25 12:39
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Kevin, this topic is too serious to comment on by help of my clumsy English. Allow me to subscribe to the above mentioned opinions. I'm very sad.

Posted on: 2022/3/25 14:03
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Although we're dismayed to learn of your health challenges, you are facing them with realism and optimism as an active participant in the recovery process. With good professional care, advice and treatment, a positive outcome is assured.

As many have expressed, you have created this invaluable resource for us for which we are eternally grateful to a degree that can never be fully expressed.

If there is anything we can do to ease your way as you grapple with this challenge, you need only ask.

Steve

Posted on: 2022/3/25 14:39
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
God bless you Kev.

Posted on: 2022/3/25 16:53
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Prayers your way, sir!

Posted on: 2022/3/25 19:08
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Kev, anyone who starts out as a Packard novice and then develops a plan and learns to restore the complicated systems of a 1954 Packard has a huge advantage over the rest of us. I have confidence that you can develop and successfully execute a plan to manage your health problem. Much success for you.

Posted on: 2022/3/25 22:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
I have lit the josh with you and yours in mind.

I admire your tenacity. Your positive spirits are inspiring to others.

You will be fine, because you already are. Today.

If there is ever anything that I can do to help you, do not hesitate to ask me. Not even for a second . . . .

Posted on: 2022/3/26 6:27
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Will of course be delighted to deal hands on with your Ultrauma at any time. Very happy the treatments have started well and will pray for continued success.

Posted on: 2022/3/26 6:30
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

I am shocked and dismayed by the news of your health problem. We have lost far too many good people in recent years. You deserve so much better than this!

I can think of no other single person who has touched so many in the Packard hobby - not only by virtue of the resources you collected for this website (with a little help from some friends), but through the leadership by example demonstrated with your project blog. You took a car that was languishing in a back alley (and probably would have been crushed/melted to make Toyotas) and made a reliable, show-worthy cruiser out of it.

Yet, I am buoyed by the news of your response to treatment. Stay vigilant, hold your oncologist's feet to the fire if necessary, and recognize when it's time to get a second or even third opinion from another provider/system.

Meanwhile, I'm glad to hear you are able to enjoy woodworking. There's just something about working with those organic materials. Wish I had time to do more of that.

In closing, I wish nothing less than a long, full life for you, my friend. Although I have less time than ever for hobbies right now, it has been a pleasure helping you with content for this site.

Posted on: 2022/3/26 20:36
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Long Live BigKev!!
Long Live PackardInfo!!

DAF

Posted on: 2022/3/26 21:45
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved