Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Great Packards at Auction, PLEASE READ
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If I was ten years younger the 1926 Pierce Arrow would be very tempting!

Posted on: 2022/3/28 7:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Similar to Dave, but for different reasons. Loved the 26 Pierce, 31/32 Pierce, and a few of the 120s. But, time and circumstances don't permit me bidding.

Best of luck with the auction.

Posted on: 2022/3/28 9:24
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Pierce-Arrows were beautiful cars in spite of the somewhat unusual and unforgettable trademark headlight styling and I hope that one does find a home. One of our local Packard owners also had a Pierce in his stable that he had done an exquisite restoration on -- almost all of it in his garage. Don't remember the year but it was one made toward the end.

In spite of being one of the three P's trio, will always associate a Pierce with the 40s version of the movie "Cheaper by the Dozen" and its sequel. One of the ongoing themes is the car, an early 20s Pierce named Foolish Carriage, would frequently refuse to start or would act up during a trip. The catchphrase was "must be that darn carburetor again". I think the car might have had almost as much garage and mechanic time as the red Jaguar in the Inspector Morse TV series.

Posted on: 2022/3/28 10:23
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

54packpac
See User information
List attached. xlsx format switched to xls format for upload. safe to open.

Attach file:

xls 2022aprilnewyorkpackardauction.xls Size: 13.19 KB; Hits: 102

Posted on: 2022/3/28 10:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Non Packard 47 DeSoto looks to be in good condition.....

Posted on: 2022/3/28 10:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Unable to read VIN? Wasn't somebody lamenting about a stolen 55-56 Carribean on this site? I suppose that means the plate is smashed or ground off.

If they can't open the door they should say VIN inaccessible, but present.

Posted on: 2022/3/28 10:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
I did like a couple of the Fierce Sparrows (my g-father's nickname for them) also. Including the 1926. And I need a Pierce like I need yet another hole in my head.

I know, what in Hell does Need have to do with anything???

That said, I am beginning the find the '42 120/160 ragtop to be interesting. Smaller 8 body and bigger 8 engine. An all Packard hot rod, complete with the Edmonds manifold. Hell, that's worth a few shekels by itself.

Maybe I will ask Santa to bring it for Xmas this year.

Posted on: 2022/3/28 11:45
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
I may bid on a few of these.But as a guy who has had older cars for the past 40 years i have been noticing that young people dont want them. they want 60s and 70s. cars. And alot of the cars i have are starting to go backwards in value.I see cars all the time on websites that people inherit a nice old car they leave it sit outside till its almost junk and then try to sell it. In another 50 years i wonder how many will survive.

Posted on: 2022/3/31 17:47
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
In another 50 years i wonder how many will survive.

I would like nothing better than to see all of those old cars get a good home but of those that survive and those found abandoned in fields how many will actually be able to be fixed up, registered and driven on a public road.

Some states already have owners wanting new registrations of older cars that do not have all the modern safety and pollution devices jump thru hoops and are working to get existing gasoline cars over a certain age off the road by giving owners incentives to turn them in to scrapyards which crush or otherwise make them un-driveable. I often wonder how many potential or actual collector cars went to the crusher with the California gas guzzler purge of a few years ago. You could not even buy parts from those turned in cars to fix another that might have been in otherwise great condition.

Another disturbing factor is more and more states are promoting electric vehicles to the point of passing legislation to outlaw new gasoline cars even being sold in another few years. With a lack of new gasoline cars being made or sold, the demand for fossil fuels will drop and more stringent environmental laws will up the cost to produce fuel so the price for a tankful (if you can find a reasonably close station and if your old car is still legal) will look like a small country's national debt. The $4-6/gallon gas of today will be a fond memory and look like a penny sale bargain.

I too see an uncertain future for the collector car as we know it and I am not sure it will even take 50 years -- but then I won't around to know when or how bad it will be.

Posted on: 2022/3/31 18:45
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
The whole EV thing has nothing to do with environment but with control of the population. Producing the batteries (and replacement after about x amount of miles is way worse for the environment and more expensive than filling up with gas for the lifetime of the vehicle. Take Tesla for example, it's not a car company, it's a data collecting device. All it does is send continuously data back to Tesla about where, how, when you drive while videoing it. On top of it you control when and how far people can go cause a quick cross country trip in an EV is much slower, and with a push of a button your electricity supply or charging ability can be stopped or altered. In an area in England you can only charge your EV certain times of the day otherwise it puts too much of a strain on the electric infrastructure. I dont think gas powered vehicles will go the way of the dinosaurs (yet).

Posted on: 2022/4/1 4:29
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved