Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955 Caribbean trunk emblem
Just popping in
Just popping in

Jworth
See User information
I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can not find the answer. Please bear with me.
I want to replace the red/gold emblem in my 1955 Caribbean trunk handle. Is the 1954 trunk emblem the same as the 1955? If not, does anyone know where I can get one? Thank you

Posted on: 2022/4/8 18:25
 Top  Print 

Re: 1955 Caribbean trunk emblem
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Parts manual says the 53, 54, and 55 Packard models use the same part #444250 emblem. There is a special emblem for the 54 Carnation and Amethyst color scheme but that is the only different one.

You might see if Emblem Magic has any in stock. If not you can get on their waiting list until they make a new batch.https://emblemagic.com/packard.htm As far as I know they are your best bet but there is a small chance one of the larger Packard vendors might have some repros made somewhere else.

Posted on: 2022/4/8 19:18
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
There were also different grille and trunk emblems for 1953 which had a black background but not sure if those were on all models within a certain time frame (such as early production cars) or if only some models had it.

Posted on: 2022/4/8 19:40
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Jworth
See User information
Howard: thank you for your help. appreciate it!

Posted on: 2022/4/8 19:47
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Jworth
See User information
thanks Don

Posted on: 2022/4/8 19:47
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
There were also different grille and trunk emblems for 1953 which had a black background but not sure if those were on all models within a certain time frame (such as early production cars) or if only some models had it.

Good point and I have seen those black bordered emblems and like you, don't know if they were around all year. The parts book says ALL 26th, 54th for the 444250 emblem. The listing page has a Dec 54 revision date so it could be if they were around all year that they ran out of the black and being one year only, just did not make any more. Might have also decided the trunk emblem was by itself and surrounded by a big piece of chrome so the difference would not be that noticeable.

Posted on: 2022/4/8 20:00
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
When the parts book says ALL, it doesn’t always mean it and the print version even says so near the beginning when telling how to use it. In this case, it may mean all with that type of emblem or perhaps it superceded the emblem with black so NOW is for ALL! Of course, there are also quite a few outright errors in the parts book’s printed version which are there too in the digitized database version.

More likely, as Howard indicated, the black did not apply to the trunk emblem and indeed my 1953 Patrician did not have it.

Posted on: 2022/4/8 20:17
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved