Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 Packard Fuel Tank sender
Home away from home
Home away from home

jwblazek
See User information
Anyone have any experience with repairing a sending unit? Became intermittent, definitely the sender. Have tank and sender out of car for different reason. Put ohm meter on ground flange and sensor output, can watch resistance bounce, frequently to 0 ohms

Don't see an "easy" easy to open it up

Have feelers out to a couple places for quote to repair, would entertain a new one if I could find it reasonably priced

Posted on: 2022/4/22 15:18
 Top  Print 

Re: 1939 Packard Fuel Tank sender
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
When you get prices for a rebuild you might also contact KM Lifestyles and see what their price for a new repro would be.

Posted on: 2022/4/22 15:36
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jwblazek
See User information
Thanks
have a RFQ out to them. Meanwhile, took mine apart, found issue and hope to get it back together this weekend. Simple, if it works, I’ll post pics

Posted on: 2022/4/22 17:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jwblazek
See User information
Turned out to be a very simple fix. Drilled out 3 rivets sandwiching the assembly top & bottom. Look at photos, rheostat was cruddy and pick up contact slightly corroded. Cleaned both with a good quality contact cleaner, and since I did not have any flat rivets ( and the surface mates with the top of the tank) sweat soldered the two plates together in 4 places. Seems to work great on bench now with ohmmeter

Having difficulty loading images, both under 25K jpgs

Posted on: 2022/4/22 18:53
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The size and format is OK but possibly there is an issue with the name of the image. If they are named with a string of numbers or something with punctuation try renaming to something simple. Sometimes there will be a few numbers separated by a period or two. MacOS does this with screenshots and the site does not like that format. Thinks the numbers might be a bogus IP address and kicks the image out as a possible attack but usually lets you know with some kind of error msg.

Posted on: 2022/4/22 19:07
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jwblazek
See User information
Thanks Howard
Were simple names, made them even simpler rheo.jpg and contact.jpg. Still no luck

Posted on: 2022/4/22 19:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
KM built me one from scratch for my '37 115c; mine cost $185.

Beautiful work, perfect fit, works like it should. Highly recommend this company.

Posted on: 2022/4/23 12:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Tri-Star LLC which did a great job on my 1951 Henney-Packard’s odd hybrid sender which mounted with a flange of the ‘48-‘50 models but which had functionality like the ‘51-‘56 type.

UPDATE: Name and link have been updated as I originally posed one for another unrelated company.

Posted on: 2022/4/23 13:44
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved