Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 74

Gary Kulp, Ross, 29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Brake lathe question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I always get good results on the ACCUTURN brake lathe. However, if the drums are beyond the discard limit the results will never be good. That is a big problem with those old brake systems.

For example, the front discs on my modern car looked like total junk after it sat while I was away on business. They had hard spots and everything. They were really bad. I manually took off the rust ridges, made two .008 cuts, and threw them back onto the car.

It is important check how the material is mounted in the machine by doing a test cut.

I work in a lab setting so I am not constrained by the slave wages they pay the help at those commission places. Those guys have to do shoddy work to stay in business because the whole nation is going broke and can't afford to pay for quality. That is what those crackpot economists call your post industrial economy.

I have never had a performance complaint even with the prima donnas I have to deal with. They think they know everything.

However, in this car business there is nothing but contempt for education. It is as backwards as a mule's behind.

Posted on: 2022/5/2 16:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved