Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 114

Alvin14, kevinpackard, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Spark plug wire set
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
Would anyone like to suggest a good spark plug wire set for a 1950 327. I do not want period correct solid core, but wires made from modern materials. I will be changing it to electronic ignition soon.

Thanks Dave O

i

Posted on: 2022/5/9 19:59
 Top  Print 

Re: Spark plug wire set
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Most of our vendors will supply only the proper wire Packard specified for the year but the Brillman Company will custom make a set to the proper length using the wire of your choice. Click on the wire type option arrow to see the choices. Once you select a wire type the price will appear.

If you are handy and want to save a few bucks you could buy a universal set from Napa that has the wire you want and make your own custom wires by matching the lengths you have now.

Posted on: 2022/5/9 20:28
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I have pertronics ..

And I use solid core.. Universal wires.

I would be more concerned about protecting the igniter..

Than wires...

I have diodes all over .. To trap voltage spikes..

Posted on: 2022/5/9 22:22
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
They still make universal wire sets you cut and crimp yourself. If you have the old wires to measure it's a lot easier to fit.
We found a 283 chevy silicone set that fit the L8 pretty good. The side vs front or rear distributor is the issue here. Some are too long but not excessive.

Posted on: 2022/5/10 6:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Years ago I made custom sets for The Packard Club’s NorCal members and used Packard 440 wire. In bulk, it was inexpensive and really easy to attach boots and terminals so making them yourself is very easy. Nice seeing Packard on them too even though it was no relation.

Posted on: 2022/5/10 12:35
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved