Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
30 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 30

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

ISO 1941 110 OD Transmission
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
Does anybody have or know where I can get a OD transmission for my 41 110.
Thanks

Posted on: 2022/5/22 10:29

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print 

Re: ISO 1941 110 OD Transmission
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You'll need the driveshaft and rear end too to go with it. The driveshaft was shorter to compensate for the length of the overdrive and the rear end has a little bit better ratio than the compromise used on non-overdrive cars. Try Tucson Packards which has a number of 1941 parts cars.

Posted on: 2022/5/22 10:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Have one. Please PM or call four one oh three five 7 456one

Posted on: 2022/5/22 11:05
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Could the current drive shaft just be shortened???? I'm not sure of the ratio that's stock in a non OD tranny, I suppose ring and pinion change isn't doable??

Posted on: 2022/5/22 12:12

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, I had my 1940 110’s shortened when I added overdrive but that was decades before the Internet where finding the proper one is much easier. The compromise rear end (my own terminology) had a ratio that gave adequate power from a stop while lowering the higher speed rpms but the proper one for overdrive will be far zippier from a stop and the overdrive will handle the high end by reducing the rpms by about 30% when engaged.

As ring and pinion change is doable but likely more work than changing the unit.

Posted on: 2022/5/22 12:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
Yes, I had my 1940 110’s shortened when I added overdrive but that was decades before the Internet where finding the proper one is much easier. The compromise rear end (my own terminology) had a ratio that gave adequate power from a stop while lowering the higher speed rpms but the proper one for overdrive will be far zippier from a stop and the overdrive will handle the high end by reducing the rpms by about 30% when engaged.

As ring and pinion change is doable but likely more work than changing the unit.

Hey Don the internet is good!!!! but shipping is way expensive, and people are gouging everything on price these days. I'll have to compare the cost of buying a correct drive line and differential VS the cost of using what I have. If I buy correct I have the cost of the parts plus shipping and the cost of going through the shaft and differential, It may be cost effective to use the original stuff it will way less expensive??

Posted on: 2022/5/22 13:09

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Best not to change the differential, I did not in my 42 110 convertible and can cruise at 70+. The overdrive lock out cable is different for 41 and 42, one was on ebay, you might check. I also have the later cables, six terminal control box,governors and solenoids plus the bell housing lower section for the fifth bolt. I will have to look for a drive shift as I have several which should be correct. Getting older and cleaning out my parts collection. Please let me know if I can help or educate you. PS my parts are for the R-9.

Posted on: 2022/5/22 14:05

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Call Ross Miller, Speedwell Garage. Compare price plus shipping (even from MD to UT) with the usual vendors. Plus Ross will give you a rebuilt one that works.

Posted on: 2022/5/22 15:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Man I would take anything that I will need to do the swap..... Thanks for looking when/if you do.

Posted on: 2022/5/22 18:59

Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved